The second in the series of 52 weekly challenges for rookie moms is to go on a reconnaissance mission. Here are a few Whitney-and-Heather-approved safe places to change and feed your baby in the East Bay:
- Nordstrom Women’s Lounge in SF, Walnut Creek and Palo Alto have places especially for feeding and changing. Plus lots of nice old ladies who can watch your stuff or even your baby while you use the bathroom.
- Emeryville’s Bay Street: Our friend Sunny says she spent a large part of her maternity leave at California Pizza Kitchen. It is not crowded during the week and you can get a big booth where all your stuff can fit. Bay Street also has Barnes & Noble with a cafe area and a kids section.
- Tulip Grove in Montclair has a changing table and nursing chair among all the other baby gear and support classes. Convince yourself that your baby is right on track while you get on-the-spot lactation support.
- Solano Kids in N. Berkeley has a cozy back-room for nursing your baby and hosts many support groups.
- Berkeley’s 4th street: you may not believe us now, but in another month, you’ll be out on the street where there are tons of public nursers. Once you’re comfy, you can join the party. The ladies in Benefit will probably let you use one of the waxing beds as a changing table. They may wear a ton of makeup, but they are actually mostly moms themselves.
- Looking for a non-fat decaf something-something? Check out our great cafe list from Challenge #1 Pretend You’re in Europe.
If you’ve made it past month two as a baby-wrangler, you probably have your own favorite places. Tell us what they are!