- Jack London Square's Fourth of July event. Locals, visitors, families and foodies are invited to enjoy a day of red, white and blue fun featuring a quirky mix of performers including an Uncle Sam stilt walker, hula hoopers, magicians, clowns, balloon artists, face painters and performances from the Kinetic Arts Circus Spire Youth Troupe, Oaktown Jazz and Dance-A-Vision.Free to attend, the festivities will also host tons of free family entertainment including carnival games with an eco-twist, puppet shows, storytelling, an airstream photo booth, crafts, a petting zoo and river environments for children to enjoy from Riveropolis. Visitors can bike, ferry, BART or drive to Jack London Square. Sorry, no fireworks.
- Temescal Street Fair. On July 5, Telegraph Avenue will transform as all the vendors come outside to bring special experiences to the community. Kiddie rides, entertainment, and hands-on activities will be plentiful.
- Oakland Indie Scavenger Hunt. Update 7/3/15: This event has been cancelled.
Brought to us by the folks behind Oakland Grown and the Sustainable Business Alliance, this all-day adventure will take teams through a walkable chunk of Oakland where they will use their smart phones to document items on a list and collect treasures along the way. (Pose on an AC Transit bus; help a stranger fold clothes at a laundromat; get a complimentary honey stick from Hive coffeeshop) It sounds super fun and you can buy tickets here. Participants get food and drinks from local vendors to fuel their pursuit of a victory with a party at the end. Kids are welcome, and the first hunt takes place in the Dimond District on July 11 from 9 to 3. (Use code 510Families to save $10 on any ticket.)
- Outdoor movies in Montclair Village. Presented by Red Oak Realty, these shows will be free to the public. Bring low chairs and blankets. Big Hero 6 will be offered on July 18.
- GREASE at The New Parkway Theater. Calling all moms who want a night out! 510Families.com has partnered with one of our fave venues to show Grease on July 19. Get tickets now – the show is just $8. Are you hopelessly devoted to this website? Come out with us for the night, and bring a friend!
Would you like updates like this via email so you don't have to remember to come visit 510Families.com? We'll send them to you! Sign up here.