Does your two- to seven-year old have boundless energy and the need to climb up, over, on, and through everything? If so, you ought to drive straight to Adventure Kinderland and take advantage of this new playspace before everyone else finds out about it!
I visited last Saturday with my three- and eight-year old sons. They loved it and played for an hour straight before I dragged them out ignoring their pleas for “One more time” or “Take another video in slow-motion.” We found the facility to be clean and super fun just like a tiny jungle or a mini (but much cleaner) Jungle.
What's to love?
Lots of gross motor play in an indoor playground that is not at all gross. Really cool climbing equipment and a ball pit that has my children begging for a return visit. Children up to age twelve are invited to play and get out their ya-yas.
In this time-lapse video, Milo takes us on a tour of the lower and upper levels of the play structure.
There is a separate, safe toddler play area for children two and under with large foam shapes and cozy reading area.
What's not to love?
No parents are allowed on the upper level of the play structure or on the slides BUT you must supervise your children AND there are only 3 seats for adults, so good luck with all that!
More details parents should know:
- Socks are required, parents too.
- Go-kart track in the back is available for an additional $25/half hour rental fee. I didn't try it but it looked fun.
- BYO nut-free snacks for the snack room, beverages are available for purchase.
- On-site parking lot.
Plan your visit:
- Posted price is $15/child and $13 for siblings ages 1 to 12 (babies are FREE, older children are not allowed, adults are FREE).
- Closed Mondays; Tuesday-Saturday 10am – 7pm; Sunday – 10am – 6pm
- Adventure Kinderland is located at 12411 San Pablo Ave.in Richmond, CA right off 80.
- Check LivingSocial for discounted admission deals on Adventure Kinderland
[All photos taken by Heather Flett; admission fees were waived so that we could play at Adventure Kinderland for the hour and tell you all about it]