Bette’s Oceanview Diner on Fourth Street is always crowded, but did you know that they open at 6:30 am?! Take advantage of this tip if you’re having trouble getting your bambino to sleep until a decent hour and enjoy the fabulous pancakes, souffles, and egg creations before the place is swamped.
If you happen to sleep in past 7:00 (yay for you!), our tip is to send a friend ahead of your group to put your name on the list, then enjoy a nice walk on over. It’s noisy, fun, and delicious!
This picture of babies Hayden (left) and Holden (right) was taken after their moms did a leisurely 1.5 mile hike from my house to the restaurant. Consequently, we earned our lattes that day.
- Changing table? No, but the bathroom is large.
- Highchairs? Yes. And notice the creative accommodation of bucket seats.
- Entertainment for toddlers? Yes. Activity placemats and a mug full of crayons.
- Downside? Nearly always crowded. No room for strollers.
- Upside? So much deliciousness that all is forgiven
If you can’t wait for a table, the next door Bette’s To Go has many great foods for carry-out or to nibble while you wait. There is also so much to do on Fourth Street for families >