While Bay Area residents shelter in place, BADA wants to foster social engagement, activity, learning, and joy in the ultimate community! BADA is shifting its programming online with a series of Zoom online video conference sessions, full of awesome community members like you!
Tune in with the Donuts — an awesome(-ly themed) mixed club team — and learn how to make donuts from scratch! We’ll walk through important milestones (dough assembly, rolling out, frying, and decorating!) in the recipe, but for time’s sake, I will have to use a pre-risen dough for the actual donut making.
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (one package) active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 8 T (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour, plus more for rolling out the dough
- 2 quarts neutral oil, for frying, plus more for the bowl
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
- 3-4 T milk
Ingredients (Fruit Glaze):
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c fruit puree
- Fryer, Cast Iron, or Dutch Oven for frying
- Food thermometer
l slotted spoon
- Cookie racks
- Rolling pin
- 3.5 in round cookie cutter, .5 in round cookie cutter, or big can edge and small shot glass. or a super sharp knife for shaping donut
All sessions have a suggested donation of $5-15, but no one will be turned away. Please donate here right before or after your session to share the proceeds with the hosts.
NOTE: This date/event is in the past. Keep browsing.
Date(s) - 03/29/20
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
All sessions have a suggested donation of $5-15, but no one will be turned away.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the activity organizer or venue as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
COVID-19 Coronavirus note: Please be mindful of “social distancing” strategies and always wear a mask to events with other people.