Visit Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) for free on Fall Free Family Day.
11 AM–3 PM: Art Making, Gallery Tours, Storytelling with Special Guests, and Library on Wheels
11:45 AM & 1:15 PM: Puppet Show: Chanticleer the Rooster
3 PM: Family Matinee: Short Films by Sally Cruikshank
- Make art inspired by BAMPFA exhibitions.
- Explore the galleries with family-oriented tours.
- Enjoy an interactive performance of Chanticleer the Rooster by Magical Moonshine Puppet Theatre. Inspired by the Kelmscott edition of Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, the show features medieval costumes and live ancient music. A wise ant joins the pig, sheep, goat, dog, hen, and farmer to help the beloved Chanticleer escape from the flattering fox.
- Get a library card or check out a book from the Berkeley Public Library’s Library on Wheels.
- Take a break for kid-friendly snacks at Babette!Stay for a free screening of exuberant animated short films by Sally Cruikshank, featuring a psychedelic array of colors and a recurring cast of animalesque characters. This program also includes a selection of Cruikshank’s short musical animations made for Sesame Street.
Free tickets for the film screening will be available at the will-call table beginning at 2 PM.
NOTE: This date/event is in the past. Keep browsing.
Date(s) - 11/03/19
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the activity organizer or venue as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
COVID-19 Coronavirus note: In the event that local health officials ask for “social distancing” strategies that include canceling large gatherings, some of these pre-planned activities may be canceled or rescheduled: concerts, festivals, playtime, sports events, storytimes, and other gatherings.