Visit Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) for free on Fall Free Family Day.
11 AM–3 PM: Art Making, Gallery Tours, Storytelling with Special Guests, and Library on Wheels
11:45 AM & 1:15 PM: Puppet Show: Chanticleer the Rooster
3 PM: Family Matinee: Short Films by Sally Cruikshank
- Make art inspired by BAMPFA exhibitions.
- Explore the galleries with family-oriented tours.
- Enjoy an interactive performance of Chanticleer the Rooster by Magical Moonshine Puppet Theatre. Inspired by the Kelmscott edition of Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, the show features medieval costumes and live ancient music. A wise ant joins the pig, sheep, goat, dog, hen, and farmer to help the beloved Chanticleer escape from the flattering fox.
- Get a library card or check out a book from the Berkeley Public Library’s Library on Wheels.
- Take a break for kid-friendly snacks at Babette!Stay for a free screening of exuberant animated short films by Sally Cruikshank, featuring a psychedelic array of colors and a recurring cast of animalesque characters. This program also includes a selection of Cruikshank’s short musical animations made for Sesame Street.
Free tickets for the film screening will be available at the will-call table beginning at 2 PM.
NOTE: This date/event is in the past. Keep browsing.
Date(s) - 11/03/19
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) 2155 Center Street Berkeley
Add to Your Calendar:
COVID-19 Coronavirus note: Please be mindful of “social distancing” strategies and always wear a mask to events with other people.