Sarah’s Science makes learning science fun!
Join on Saturday, May 9th for the fan-favorite Mantis Mania workshop where your kids will learn about the life cycle and natural history of the praying mantis. From breeding drosophila (baby mantis food) to watching mantids emerge from their egg cases, your kids will get to experience nature's wonders up close and leave the class with their own pet mantis!
Two workshop sessions: 9 AM – 12 PM and 1 PM – 4 PM.
Register: Online or call (510) 581-3739.
Each child will bring home:
- Two praying mantis egg cases (50-500 baby mantids will emerge!)
- One hatchery container (a home for your mantis)
- One praying mantis booklet (with care instructions and activities)
- Two vials of drosophila (fruit flies) with growing medium (to feed your mantids)
- One fruit fly booklet (to track your fruit fly supply)
- And a super cool Mantis Mania t-shirt!
This is a perfect opportunity for your kids to learn some great green science while you take care of errands or soak up the sun. Space is limited. Don't wait, enroll today.
Date(s) - 05/09/20
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
$90/class (includes all materials, t-shirt, and a snack)
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the activity organizer or venue as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
COVID-19 Coronavirus note: In the event that local health officials ask for “social distancing” strategies that include canceling large gatherings, some of these pre-planned activities may be canceled or rescheduled: concerts, festivals, playtime, sports events, storytimes, and other gatherings.