Join a day-long celebration of Oakland’s Mayan & Mam communities and their vibrant culture.
* Enjoy live music on the marimba, Guatemala’s national instrument and a symbol of pride and resistance there
* Marvel at traditional dance performances by the Maya Mam Cultural Exchange
* Savor delicious, homemade Guatemalan food and drinks
* Watch the premiere of a new theater-work “The Origin of Corn”
* Learn about indigenous Mam tribes from Todos Santos Cuchumatan, San Juan Atitan, Santiago Chimaltenango, and San Pedro Necta
* Take a spin on the dancefloor at the dance party
Admission is Free
Presented by Peralta Hacienda Historical Park.
NOTE: This date/event is in the past. Keep browsing.Sat June 25, 2022
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Peralta Hacienda Historical Park 2465 34th Ave Oakland
View Website > >
Contact: Miguel Lopez firstname.lastname@example.org 510-532-9142
Add to Your Calendar: iCal
COVID-19 Coronavirus note: Please be mindful of “social distancing” strategies and always wear a mask to events with other people.