Go ahead, let your kid smash that vase. Or jump on the fluorescent sofa. Or smear goop on the walls with unbridled abandon. It’s the Grand Opening and debut of Wild Child – a new interactive gallery, art studio, and play space for babies and little kids popping up for an exclusive four-month run in the Bay Area.
Created by a team of educators, renowned artists, and early child development experts, Wild Child is a new pop-up experience created for infants and little kids to roam free and explore the limits of artistic expression. Together with their parents or caregivers, kids lead the way through an immersive, multi-sensory world where they call the shots, make the rules, and imagine new realities. Wild Child features the interactive works of internationally acclaimed artists, hosts weekly workshops and sensory-based art classes designed for tiny hands and growing minds.
Wild Child is created specifically for babies and children between the ages of 6 months up to 5 years old; older siblings/children are welcome. Adults cannot enter unaccompanied by children.
Grand Opening Day includes FREE admission, giveaways, perks, surprises and more!
• Play Sculptures: Meet a little family of colorful lumps and logs created by parent artist duo Chiaozza.
• White and Wild: What’s at the center of thousands of strands of chain link? Immersive sculpture contains surprises within by artist Sofie Ramos.
• Break Zone: Yes you can! Safely enjoy the pleasure of smashing objects in a giant bin. (don’t worry, goggles provided).
• Wildwood: Help bring to a verdant Northern Californian forest to life.
• Hygge Nook: Sink into this room for a little R + R (rest and reading)
• Lumens Gallery: A wonderland of interactive projections, short films, and transportive soundscapes in collaboration with Lumen & Forge.
• Shake, Rattle, and Roll: Infant discovery zone complete with giant stuffed toys and life-size rattles. In collaboration with Jessica Caldas and Katie Gong.
• Take a pee(p) and see how Lorien Stern brings the Wild Child restrooms to life.
• Sensory-based art classes for children to create and collaborate together!
Popping up Oct 29, 2019 – Feb 23, 2020.
Tuesday – Thursday: 10 am – 3 pm
Friday – Sunday: 10am – 5pm
Regular admission: $13 per person, $7 for accompanying adults.
NOTE: This date/event is in the past. Keep browsing.
Date(s) - 10/29/19
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Grand Opening Day includes FREE admission
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the activity organizer or venue as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
COVID-19 Coronavirus note: In the event that local health officials ask for “social distancing” strategies that include canceling large gatherings, some of these pre-planned activities may be canceled or rescheduled: concerts, festivals, playtime, sports events, storytimes, and other gatherings.