Berkeley’s children’s museum, Habitot, is accepting nominations for their annual Preschool Teachers Make a Difference Awards. We are always happy to sponsor this annual event.
The teachers and childcare workers who win will receive a 2016 award, gift certificates for teaching supplies, a class field-trip, prizes and much-deserved recognition at an awards ceremony in late September.
The nomination period is now open and the deadline is June 5, 2015. Classroom parents, school directors and colleagues can submit nominations. Nominations will be judged by an independent panel of experts.
Support your favorite preschool teacher by nominating him or her:
> Complete Nomination Online
The form is simple to complete. It requires your information, your nominee’s place of employment, and finally, a short response to the question “How has this teacher made a positive difference in the lives of young children?”
Who is eligible?
The teacher you wish to honor must:
- Be currently working minimum 30 hours per week in a licensed, center-based or a family childcare setting.
- Teach in one of the nine Bay Area counties.
- Have taught in the field of early childhood education for minimum three years.
- Be nominated by a person affiliated with the preschool (e.g. colleague, administrator, parent of a student).
- Be a provider in good standing with no active contractual infractions and/or recent state licensing violations (within the last six months).
As parents who are extremely grateful to the preschool teachers who have been in our children’s lives, we are proud to work with Habitot as media sponsors of this program.
Please take some time to nominate a teacher you love.