With the Alameda County Fair closed for summer 2020 — and most, if not all, of the free outdoor movie series cancelled — the folks at the Alameda County Fairgrounds got creative and we love it!
Alameda County Fairground has converted their wide open spaces into a pop-up drive-in movie
theater venue, and it sounds hecka fun for families.
A new “classic” movie will show every weekend, Friday and Saturday, June 12 through August 1. You pay $25-$30 to park your vehicle for the night's show and receive one FREE general admission ticket to the 2021 Alameda County Fair next summer, plus see a classic movie.
Parking tickets are per car.
How it works
Purchase tickets in advance online or buy at the gate (if space is available). Bring a printed or digital copy of your receipt to the Alameda County Fairgrounds.
Gates to the parking lot open at 7:30 pm. Cars will be directed to socially distant spaces by the Fairgrounds staff as they arrive. Spaces are limited. Movies begin at dark, but not before at 8:45 pm.
Tune to the FM radio station 90.7 to hear the movie.
Don't leave your car for concessions or playing. Have a good time!
Social Distance Modifications to the Drive-In Experience
Alameda County Fairgrounds has implemented some social distancing restrictions to make the drive-in movie experience as safe as possible for staff and guests. Please follow the new rules and regulations set by Alameda County Health:
- Vehicles will be parked 6 feet apart, cars will be assigned parking spaces and capacity is limited to ensure safe distances.
- No oversized or open-air vehicles (e.g., Motor homes, Fifth Wheels, Trailers, motorcycles, bikes or convertibles) can attend.
- Guests must stay in their car and if a window is down, a mask must be worn.
- There will be no concessions.
- There will be no trash cans, whatever you bring to the movies with you must go home with you.
- All moviegoers MUST stay in the car during the movie except to visit the restroom. When attending restrooms, you must maintain the 6 foot physical distancing and wear a face mask.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult/parent/guardian when visiting the restroom.
Costs (& Benefits)
The parking price is per vehicle, not per person, a carload is limited to the number of people limited by law — don't get crazy!
$25 per Vehicle (Online Advance Purchase)
$30 per Vehicle (On-Site, if tickets are available)
Each carload receives a ticket to the 2021 Alameda County Fair