A family of four entering San Francisco’s Exploratorium can cost — gulp! — about $100 if the children are between 4 and 12 years old, so putting their free admission days on your calendar is a wise move.
Community Days at the Exploratorium
All visitors can pay-what-you-wish on Community Days, when museum entry is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Community Groundhog Day (Saturday, February, 2, 2019)
- Community Pi Day (DAYTIME ONLY: Thursday, March 14, 2019)
- Community Mother’s Day (Sunday, May 12, 2019)
- Community International Peace Day (Saturday, September 21, 2019)
- Community 50th Anniversary Founder’s Day (Sunday, October 20, 2019)
Local mom Melissa Moore says, “Some of my favorite, unique exhibits that are accessible for preschoolers include: a room with different types of xylophones and mallets to experiment with sound, the many light and shadow exhibits that can be experienced by walking (or dancing) in front of a screen, the “fog” bridge outside, and many of the pieces of “art” that can be touched and experienced with the senses.”