We’ve curated a list of our favorite events and activities for families the weekend ahead to save you the research. We update this page every Wednesday, so be sure to come back and see what we have coming up for next weekend in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Well, Bay Area, masks are back in indoor spaces, but most of us with kids never really put them away.
Things to do in the East Bay with kids this Weekend
All Weekend Stuff
- Pumpkins, already?! Yes, hooray! This is opening weekend for some of our favorite East Bay Pumpkin Patches.
- Find a farmers market near you.
- Go apple picking and bake me a pie. Please and thank you.
- Ooh. It is one of the last weekends for peach picking. How will you decide?
Saturday, September 18
- Cheer on the Oakland Roots Soccer team against LA Galaxy in Oakland.
- Draw or browse at the Chalk Festival in Alameda complete with balloon shapes and arm-painting.
- Craft Day of the Dead paper flowers at Michaels in Emeryville.
- Join a colorful Care Bears and Boba Guys Party in San Ramon with a special drink. Or find your own favorite bubble tea >
Sunday, September 19
- The Piedmont Harvest Festival looks promising.
- Join MOCHA at the Akoma Market for free hands-on art and books.
- Explore the cockpit at the Hiller Aviation Museum kids’ carnival.
- Rock out at the Kids Club outdoor concert in Concord with Andy Z.
Need more ideas? Check out our local events calendar for fun family-friendly happenings or our Guide to every day in September with East Bay kids.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, and admission with the third party hosting the event.