Every weekend there are great things to do in the East Bay with kids! We’ve curated a list of the best events and activities for families this weekend.
We update this page every Wednesday, so be sure to come back and see what we have coming up for next weekend in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Hello 510 families! Did you survive the heat? Glad the weather is cooling down. We have a busy weekend planned for you. Look for Father's Day ideas here.
Things to do in the East Bay with kids this weekend
Saturday, June 15, 2019
- Spend the day at the Alameda County Fair on rides or playing carnival games. (open until July 7)
- Sign up for summer reading games and listen (sing and clap along) to music at Tarea Hall Pittman South Branch.
- Farm animals are coming to the library. A great chance to meet, pet and hold your favorite. Even an alpaca!
- Ahoy Matey, all aboard on Pirate Festival and discover swimming mermaids, sword-fight lessons and all things pirate. (weekend long)
- Ride on the narrow gauge train at historical Ardenwood Farm.
Sunday, June 16, 2019
- Future entomologists will get a chance to learn all things bugs at Bug Day at the Botanical Garden.
- Fathers and grandfathers can swim and play for free at the Wave water park.
- Ride miniature steam train in the Redwoods and join for BBQ lunch at Golden Gate Live Steamer.
- Spend the afternoon sailing on keelboats and dinghies at Cal Sailing Club Open House.
- Become a commander on one of the special aircraft on Open Cockpit Day.
Bonus: See magical Tom Noddy’s Bubble Magic Show at CuriOdyssey. (weekend long)
See the rest of our family-friendly events calendar for more choices of where to go and what to do.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, and admission with the third party hosting the event.