Every weekend there are great things to do in the East Bay with kids! We’ve curated a list of the best events and activities for families this weekend to save you the research. Presenting your weekend planner.
We update this page every Wednesday, so be sure to come back and see what we have coming up for next weekend in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Hello 510 families! Mmmm pumpkin spice latte season is here. My kids have been singing about Halloween since last Halloween, yet I still can't decide on our family costume. Are you ready yet? Check out our Halloween costume guide (make, buy or swap) for ideas. As always, this weekend is packed with things to do with kids of all ages. Enjoy 🙂
Things to do in the East Bay with kids this weekend
ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Parents can sip on craft beer while kids play games and enjoy music at Oaktoberfest.
- It's Foodie Land Night Market‘s last weekend. Try out new and different food.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2019
- Have fun at Berkeley Harvest Festival with kids zone, garden expo, live music and more.
- Check out Point Richmond's first Fall Fest and Chalk Art Contest. Dance, eat, play carnival games, and decorate pumpkins.
- Join French Storytime for an hour of singing, reading and plays in French. (registration is recommended)
- Bring your old costume to swap and play for free at Swings and Wings. (RSVP recommended as space is limited)
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2019
- Do you like olives? Even if you don't, you can have loads of fun at Orinda Olive Festival playing olive pit spit contest, arts & crafts, and meet friendly turtles and tadpoles in the pond.
- Take a nice walk along the shoreline with a naturalist and join for picnic at Hayward Shoreline Interpretive Center. (registration is recommended)
- Visit nearby (or far) pumpkin patch for a fun day. Don't forget to bring back few orange buddies to turn them into jack-o'-lanterns.
- Two free museums to visit on first Sunday: OMCA and Asian Art Museum
BONUS: Get your tickets for these great upcoming events
- Family-friendly haunted train ride at Ardenwood
- A Day out with Thomas
- Navratri & Diwali celebrations for families
- Polar Express in Old Town Sacramento.
See the rest of our family-friendly events calendar for more choices of where to go and what to do.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, and admission with the third party hosting the event.