Every weekend there are great things to do in the East Bay with kids! We’ve curated a list of the best events and activities for families this weekend.
We update this page every Wednesday, so be sure to come back and see what we have coming up for next weekend in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Hello 510 families! The Water Lantern Festival is coming up on September 14th at the San Leandro Marina Park. Get your tickets today before the price goes up, to be part of this beautiful cultural festival. Read on for weekend fun ideas!
Things to do in the East Bay with kids this weekend
- Support small businesses and enjoy the new Kids Zone with rides and activities at
Oakland Chinatown StreetFest.
- Eat, shop, drink, and play at TreasureFest.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 24, 2019
- Color the streets with chalk and eat chocolate at Chocolate and Chalk Art Festival in
- Pack your gloves and play with the A's at Fallon Sports Park in Dublin.
- Improve public speaking techniques and confidence at free Public Speaking for Youth workshop.
- Visit Park Avenue between Hollis and San Pablo for Rotten City Block Party. Play games at Decathlon Kids Play Zone and get your face painted too.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 25, 2019
- Learn how to make spinach bourekas and stick around for foot-stomping music fun with Sandcatchers at Hands-on Music and Mezze.
- See what passenger trains are all about including the old Union Pacific
‘City of San Francisco' trains at Golden State Model Railway Museum.
- Foster families play for free at Habitot including summer scavenger hunt.
- Drive to beautiful San Leandro Marina Park for frisbee fun on the open grassy field or
walk along the shoreline to enjoy the amazing view of the Bay.
See the rest of our family-friendly events calendar for more choices of where to go and what to do.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, and admission with the third party hosting the event.