Every weekend there are great things to do in the East Bay with kids! We’ve curated a list of the best events and activities for families this weekend.
We update this page every Wednesday, so be sure to come back and see what we have coming up for next weekend in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Hello 510 families! Easter and Passover weekend is here. Hope you've been reading our Easter Guide and Passover Guide for ideas. There are also Earth Day events to learn how to conserve our planet. Hop hop hop like a bunny and have FUN!
Things to do in the East Bay with kids this weekend
Saturday, April 20, 2019
- City of Berkeley's Spring Egg Hunt Extravaganza is packed with fun activities including petting zoo, visit with Bunny, arts and crafts, kid's carnival with prizes and of course, Egg Hunt!
- The A's will be at Greenman Recreational Field for family friendly baseball activities.
- Celebrate Earth Day at CuriOdyssey. Learn about wildlife animals, help clean up the beach, and make conservation crafts.
- Learn how to start your own garden with free mini succulents, seeds, recycled pots and soil at Alameda Earth Day Festival.
- Join Chabad of El Cerrito's community Seder to enjoy hand-baked Matzah and discover the eternal meaning of the Haggadah with song, insight and humor. It's free but requires RSVP.
Sunday, April 21, 2019
- Looking for a different egg hunt experience? How about in a hardware store to win discounts? Cole Hardware Rockridge also offers egg making with the egg spinning machine.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Montclair Park is the place to go. BBQ and community clean up for Earth Day follows.
- Explore Hayward Shoreline Interpretive Center‘s extensive egg collection, paint your own model egg like a pro, and search the trails for hidden eggs.
- Join Skyline Community Church and the neighborhood for a fun hour of learning and celebrating with Easter songs, stories, art and more.
- Splash in the pool at Richmond Plunge.
See the rest of our family-friendly events calendar for more choices of where to go and what to do.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, and admission with the third party hosting the event.