Habitot is selling or giving away hundreds of wonderful items from exhibit materials to art supplies for toddlers and preschoolers. In addition to stocking up for your family, you’ll help Habitot weather the closure by purchasing play and learning items you can use at home now.
No need to fret, during the Covid-19 closure, Habitot is seizing the opportunity to refresh supplies and equipment and plan for a refurbished and newly imagined museum.
To participate, choose your preferred day to visit on Eventbrite. If necessary, they’ll contact you to arrange a specific time slot. A maximum of two adults from two families will be admitted per 15 minute time slot. Due to safety precautions with Covid-19, leave children at home (babes in arms OK).
Take home a piece of Habitot!
- Exhibit hands-on items, train tables, costumes, and stuffed animals
- Changing table, children’s chairs and other furniture in good condition
- Children’s books, holiday decorations, STEM play and learning materials
- New and partially used art supplies and materials
- Toys in good condition from our Toy Lending Library
- Kitchenware, dishes, microwave ovens
- Office supplies
- Framed artwork (with excellent Ikea frames in near-perfect condition)
- Household and baby care supplies like unopened bottles Clorox, baby wipes, diapers, bottles of dish soap
Where: Line up outside Habitot’s 2065 Kittredge St. entrance at 6′ intervals. Please respect social distancing markers on the sidewalk. No entry from the Shattuck side.
August 17-19: Preschool directors by appointment
August 20-30: General public (priority to those with Eventbrite tickets, walk-ins welcome as space allows)