Thanks to Berkeley's Fourth Street for sponsoring our Halloween Guide this year. The Trick or Treating session they host is a fabulous addition to our round-up of things to do with kids on Halloween! Delaware Street will be closed off for several hours so that the community can enjoy freely walking around the Fourth Street area. Learn more >
Kids so pleased with their costumes they want to wear them more than once? Here is a round-up of Halloween activities and outings where Jedi Knights and Cleopatra will be more than welcomed.
Costume Swap at Color Me Mine (Alameda)
This yearly tradition is already happening. When you drop off your costume (during business hours from now until October 8th), you will receive a Free Studio Time Coupon and a Costume Voucher. You will bring back the Costume Voucher on Saturday, October 14th, between 7pm and 8:30pm and pick out your costume. Details here.
Halloween Day Activities: Tuesday, October 31
Berkeley's Fourth Street Shops Halloween Celebration
Merchants will be giving out candy/toys. Participating merchants will have pumpkin at their door. Free activities will be set up at Delaware and Fourth Street, including
- SCARY HAIR BOOTH by Keter Salon ~ Professional staff from Keter Salon will be on the street to give you spooky, scary hair with spiderwebs, creepy crawlies and wash-out color.
- FACE PAINTING ~ Made to order designs with sparkle!
- PHOTO BOOTH by Photolab ~ A tradition on Fourth Street, Photolab will commemorate your fun day with a free photo sent via email.
- FUN FISHIN' at Rabat (1825 Fourth Street) ~ Toss the fishing poll in and see what you get!
- PUMPKIN PAINTING at Market Hall Foods (1786 Fourth Street) More details >
- ART BOOTH sponsored by Castle In The Air
- BUBBLE SHOW
- CAT IN THE HAT/DR. SEUSS STORY BOOTH
- CATERPILLAR PUPPET SHOW AT 2:30
Where: Berkeley's Fourth Street at Delaware, which will be closed off for the festival
When: From 2 pm to 5 pm on Halloween
More Halloween Day Activities for East Bay Kids
- 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Fourth Street Halloween Fest at Fourth Street Shops
- 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm Halloween Community Parade at Frances Albrier Community Center
- 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm Halloween on Solano at Solano Avenue
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Temescal Trick or Treating at Temescal District
- 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm House of Screams at MLK Jr. Youth Services Center
- 7:00 pm - 7:45 pm Spooky Storytime and Mystery Boxes at Oakland Public Library – Dimond Branch
Got a baby too young for Halloween?
Here are stroller walks that show off Berkeley's best-decorated streets:
- Russell Street in Claremont (celebration ends about 8:30 pm)
- Visit the amazing pumpkins on Ashby and Piedmont
- Stroll along Josephine Street between Cedar and Rose
- Make your way to Mariposa Avenue, one of Berkeley's loveliest tree-lined streets
Keep up with the many more neighborhood Halloween parties and celebrations on our calendar!
This Halloween Guide for Bay Area Kids was sponsored by the Fourth Street Shopping District in Berkeley, one of our favorite Halloween outings for families.
Photos courtesy of Fourth Street