Want to eat outside with your kids in Oakland? Thanks those of you following on the 510Families Facebook page, we have curated a list of 10 kid-friendly restaurants with patios in Oakland roughly listed from North to South. (See our list of Berkeley restaurants with the same criteria.)
- Barney’s Burgers – Both the Piedmont and College Avenue locations offer outdoor seating. Take your pick! (5819 College Ave. or 4162 Piedmont Ave.)
- Crepevine on College – Breakfast for dinner! Or for breakfast. Crepevine’s enclosed patio is perfect for squirmy kids with syrup on their fingers. (5600 College Ave.)
- Pasta Pomodoro in Rockridge – Uber casual and full of kid-centric pasta options. Kids eat free on Tuesdays as of this writing. (5500 College Ave.)
- Pizziaolo in Temescal – Best known for their wood-fired pies, and loved for date night, Pizzaiolo welcomes kids and has a backyard seating area that is quite lovely. Try it out for morning coffee on a weekday – the place is packed with laptopping folks and strollers. (5008 Telegraph Ave.)
- Cholita Linda in Temescal – Enjoy your tasty fish tacos on their cute colorful patio. Order a side of rice, beans, and guac for the kids and don’t forget your agua fresca. (4923 Telegraph Ave.)
- Homeroom in Temescal – Fun school-themed restaurant with a small outside seating section offering delicious comfort food meals. Get the mac ‘n’ cheese. Obviously. (400 40th Street)
- Drake’s Dealership in Uptown Oakland – This place is huge, has beer, and pizza and beer. Dogs (and kids) welcome. (2325 Broadway)
- Forge in Jack London Square – Wood-fired pizzas with a beautiful view. Take the family during the day, or sit by one of their fire pits for date night. Check out our Parents Guide to Jack London Square >
- Bocanova in Jack London Square – Not in the mood for pizza? Try Forge’s neighbor Bocanova for brunch instead – their patio is equally as big and the views just as worthy.
- Brotzeit Lokal in East Oakland – Located in Oakland’s estuary (I had to Google it too) – this pub offers sausages, fries, pretzels, ketchup and lots of other kid loving favorites. And plenty of beer on tap too.
What did we miss?
[Photo Credits: Forge from Anna Azimi, Drake’s outdoor seating area from Yelp]