Did you know that most baby and toddler music/movement classes will offer a free trial? They don't usually shout it very loud once you and junior are clapping along in circle, but if you call ahead, you can often join a test class or negotiate a free preview. This is your 41st weekly challenge.
Here are a few options that we know will give you the first session free:
- Kindermusik Village series has classes for babies under 18 months; each class is 45 minutes long. First class is free and there's one this weekend. Other locations in Alameda, Piedmont, and Oakland. Note: their website is dreadful for finding locations. Sorry!
- Gymboree classes for babies focus on either music or playing – you can choose. Locations in El Cerrito, downtown Oakland, and Lafayette.
- Music Together is mixed age classes up to age five and the classes are an hour long. We *heart* Music Together and their many East Bay locations.
- The Little Gym starts as young as four months old with a general movement and socialization curriculum. It looks like the closest location is in Brentwood or Millbrae, too far for me.
- My Gym is a children’s “fitness center” that starts classes with parent participation at age – get this – six weeks! Nearest locations are in San Francisco and Walnut Creek.
You may find that other local independent parenting, music or movement center for kids offer a free trial visit as well.
Have you tried any? Let us know!
Find more localized rookie moms challenges by clicking on the tag: rookiemoms challenge!
[Photos by Baby Dust Diaries via flickr]