Crafts, movies, fairs and more – your top picks for the first weekend in August.
- Hammer up some bookends at Home Depot, then head to the library to put them to use.
- Create robot friends with odds and ends, when you're finished enjoy a robot themed snack.
- Chow on cereal while watching classic cartoons. Cereal Cinema promises fun for everyone.
- Stretch! Attend a kid-focused yoga class where it's okay to be silly while getting stretchy.
- Visit the koi and picnic in the gardens at OMCA. It's a free day, so feel free to play inside too!
- Enter the pie eating contest at Fourth Street's County Fair. Plus rides, carnival prizes, food, games and more.
- Spend the afternoon lakeside – enjoy a free summer music concert on the grass. Kids can join in at the end!
- Explore Alameda on bike. All ages welcome, plus it ends with free ice cream. Yum.
- Take a field trip! Head to San Francisco to play at a new park and try a new treat.