Hello December! And snow, Santa, shopping and cocoa sipping. So much to do this first weekend in, how will you ever choose?
- Pin the nose on the snowman and toss snowflakes at a Winter Carnival just for small tots.
- Head to Fourth Street for MonkeyPalooza – a full line-up of musicians, magicians and monkeys. Hooray!
- Plan for a family date night with Sticky Art Lab – craft your own Baymax while munching on popcorn and watching Big Hero 6.
- Sit with Santa, craft an ornament, and hop aboard a carriage for a ride around Orinda Theatre Square – doesn't that sound magical?
- Grab hot chocolates to go and watch Oakland's Lighted Yacht Parade as it sails along the water.
- Pull out your snow gear for a day of snow in the Gourmet Ghetto. Plus crafts, food and a Snow Queen to tell your wishes to.
- Sing and dance with The Bug Family Band. Loved by the young and the old.
- Shop for a unique gift for someone on your list – visit Temescal Alley for handcrafted goods with a bonus barnyard petting zoo.
- Celebrate Hanukkah over songs, crafts, cookie decorating and latkes at Temple Beth Hillel in Richmond.
- Sip hot cocoa under the stars while watching It's A Wonderful Life. A free outdoor holiday movie showing in Alameda.