This is it, the last weekend before 2019. Here are some crafty events and exciting places to visit this weekend, a perfect way to wrap up the year. Hope everyone made long-lasting memories with families and friends and continue next year by visiting 510families.com. Happy New Year!
What to do on Saturday with kids
- Get creative (and messy) at Hands-On! kids science lab. Explore the world of science while having fun.
- Listen to Peter and his friends' adventures told over classical music presented by Fratello Marionettes. A fantastic way to introduce classical music to kids!
- Calling all indie rock fans to a singalong of “kindie rock” songs by Megan Schoenhom.
- Get ready to celebrate New Year's Eve with handmade noisemaker. Yes parents, it will get noisy, but it will be a blast for your kiddos 🙂
- Make your own sock snowman that won't melt at Twirl's crafty weekend workshop.
Top picks for families on Sunday
- If your kiddo is all about trains and haven't rode one yet, hop on a scaled-down steam train through Redwood Valley at Tilden.
- Or you can plan a family adventure to Sacramento's Railroad Museum by taking the Amtrak.
- Go for a relaxing walk along the trails and see how nature and art intertwine at Presidio.
- Heather Farm Park and Playground is a dreamland for kids of all ages. With dynamic physical activities like curvy slides, rock climbing, basketball courts, and unique structures, your kids will easily spend hours having fun.
- Movie night anyone? Big kids will love Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse at West Wind Solano Drive-in.