Brrr! It's cold out there. Cozy up this December weekend with hot cocoa, warm buttery pancakes, or a fun family-friendly event outdoors – just don't forget your gloves and scarves. Read on to find out more.
- Brunch with Santa in El Cerrito or Piedmont, complete with pancakes, crafts, and music. Don't forget your camera.
- Craft a nature gift with UC Botanical Garden – how pretty to gift a handmade pressed botanical card or a nature-filled ornament.
- Take a spin on the Tilden carousel, visit with Mr. Claus himself, and then drop your wish list to mail to the North Pole on your way out.
- Join Kehilla Synagogue for their annual family-friendly Hanukkah celebration, complete with snacks, a candle lighting, and a performance by Octopretzel.
- Enjoy Winter on the Waterfront in Berkeley – daylight festivities include kid-friendly activities, followed by a lighted boat parade in the evening.
- Santa (and his helpers) are popping up all over The Bay on Sunday – check the calendar to find him nearest to you.
- Play hard at Heather Farm Park, then treat yourself to FREE donuts at Dunkin' Donuts in Walnut Creek.
- See Search for Santa Paws in Alameda. Free, outdoor fun, plus popcorn and hot cocoa for everyone.
- Join Alison Faith Levy and the Big Time Tot Rock Band for a not to be missed Hanukkah Party at the JCC East Bay.