I love traveling but traveling with a toddler and a baby is too exhausting. After driving through a blizzard, waiting for runway to clear, and defrosting the plane, we finally made it back to the East Bay safe and sound. Hooray! I feel I need at least a week to recover from 5 hour flight with the kids, but this weekend is just too full of fun events I don't want to miss. Free Museum days, Valentine's Day and Lunar New Year celebrations! Scroll down to see what we have planned for you this weekend!
- Explore the world through science, art, and human perception at the Exploratorium for Free!
- Valentine's day is approaching, so head over to Home Depot to make your own heart shaped candy box or to Michaels to make Valentines Foxes.
- Be your kids' Valentine and invite them to Family Sweetheart Dance. It will surely be a night to remember.
- Forgot your dancing shoes? How about an evening of board games while your kids watch movies or play games together at Family Game Night?
- Do you love tamales? Eat your fill, share your stories, learn how to make your own tamales at the Tamale Feast and Storytelling Party.
- Dads (and granddads) can enjoy discounted Open Bounce at the #bouncefarm while moms take the morning off. Brunch anyone?
- Attention art lovers. Asian Art Museum's first free Sundays is here! The day is packed with kid-friendly gallery tours, storytelling, and art-making with the theme of the Year of the Pig.
- Another great museum to visit with kids is the OMCA. For suggested donation of $5, you can immerse yourself in world of art, natural science, and history.
- Enjoy 2+1, an accessible and humorous dance theatre piece about the rollercoaster-ride of early parenthood. This 30 minute show is followed by bubble play (weather permitting).
- Celebrate Lunar New Year at the Children's Fairyland with storytime, arts and crafts, and colorful lion dance.