Lots of rain in January but don't let that get you down. The weekend is packed with creative and imaginative events from arts and crafts to dancing for the entire family. Read on!
- Celebrate MOCHA‘s grand opening at a new location. There will be a chain ribbon-cutting event for a special prize!
- Bond with your children by playing and dancing at MPACT family dance classes in the morning and in the afternoon.
- Listen to stories, sing songs, and make new friends at family storytime at Lakeview or Rockridge. There's also a Spanish storytime which is open to Spanish and non-Spanish speakers.
- Or join for a fairy tale mermaid story told with beautifully handcrafted paper puppets.
- Ice skate with Frosty and Friends and warm up with hot cocoa. There will be giveaways, good luck!
- CJM's family festival celebrates Tu B'Shevat (the Jewish Birthday of the Trees). The day is packed with family fun activities all ages can enjoy.
- Run around at this gorgeous park with adventurous play structure at Roberts Regional Recreation Park. You can also enjoy a picnic on large green grass next to the playground. Parking is $5 flat.
- Get creative at Twirl (arts & craft and play space all-in-one) by drawing, painting, making pottery, dress-up, have a tea-party, or build Legos.
- Plan a day trip to San Francisco's playgrounds. We have our favorites listed here.
- Are you going crazy trying to understand your toddler's needs? If you are like me, register for a free seminar designed to help keep parents' sanity while making toddlers happy. Registration is required.