On a rainy day, I take my daughter for ice cream so we both get a little treat to get through the gloomy day. Besides ice cream, there are lots of indoor activities to keep your kid happy this weekend, see below. Also check out our indoor play space list.
- What happens when colorful paint meets unicorn? A Unicorn Painting Party! Bring home a colorfully magical friend and surprise treats too! Note: registration required for this event.
- This event has been canceled.
Do you love birthdays? Then join the celebration of Tu B'Shevat, a birthday of trees. There will be singing, dancing, storytelling, and treats for everyone. No Jewish knowledge or experience is necessary.
- Shake, jump, spin around at E-Dance! After showing off your hip hop, pop, and zumba moves, your kiddo will be ready for that delicious lunch. Make sure to bring plenty of water and snacks.
- Bay Street is creating a diversity wall and your participation is needed. The painted 12″ x 12″ acrylic tile will be installed on the Art Wall (corner of Christie Ave and Shellmound Street) for the public to see. A great opportunity to have your art installed, free!
- If you are getting tired of this rain, why not change the scenery with some snow? Read our guide to snow day fun here.
- Cal Kids Day is here! This means $1 tickets to women's basketball game (vs Washington), lots of cheering, and taking fun photos at the photo station.
- Enjoy the afternoon with vibrant rhythms of Latin American music played with gorgeous harmony of woodwinds and string instruments.
- Get a workout before lunch at Albany Bowl with its $2.50/game special.
- Jump as high as you can at Sky High trampoline park.
- Museums might be last on the go-to list for kids but it is a great way to spend a day indoors while exploring, learning, and walking. See our museum guide and check out museum's events guide for any special events.