Happy 2019! My New Year's resolution is to have more fun with my kids, visit places we've never been, and try new yummy food. The Bay Area has so much to explore and I have a whole year ahead of me to plan. Worry no more, just read our Events Calendar for Super-califragilistic-expialidocious events! Ha!
- New Year's resolution: exercise! Come stretch away your holiday weight at Yama Kids Family Yoga.
- Swimming is another great way to bond and exercise as a family. Richmond swimming pools are open on weekends for recreation swim.
- Is your kiddo crazy about bugs? Meet and learn about insects at Insect Discovery Lab. Yes, tarantula will be there.
- Celebrate Three Kings Day with delicious Rosca de Reyes (a special holiday cake), hot chocolate and arts&crafts.
- This is the last weekend before Zoo Lights at Oakland Zoo closes. If you haven't already, there's still a chance to visit the zoo and see it all lit up!
- Asian Art Museum hosts Free Admission and Family Fun Day packed with events for children of all ages, plus docent tour of the galleries for the entire family.
- Basketball fans! Head over to Haas Pavilion for Cal vs USC Women's basketball match. Youth tickets are just $1 and you get to play mini basketball games.
- Kindergym invites diverse families for an afternoon of jumping, climbing, singing, stories and more.
- On a rainy day, KidTopia is the perfect place to run around for hours, even entire day of fun. It's bit of a drive, but worth it!
- If you have older kids, eat all-you-can-eat pizza and play arcade games (and win prizes too) at John's Incredible Pizza Company.