Yep, it's still summer! There's time for at least one more long-day-out-of-the-house adventure.
If you're sticking around the East Bay, here are some picks for a fun-filled weekend.
- Step to this: A kids' Hip Hop class for kids 8 and up in Montclair.
- Hit the Grand Lake Farmer's Market and then head indoors to the Golden Gate branch of the Oakland Public library for a free craft project.
- Another library's got a different craft project – make a mini-hovercraft at Dimond Branch!
- See The Rainbow Fish Musical, in Oakland, which includes admission to host venue Children's Fairyland. Four showtimes this weekend before the production moves to San Francisco.
- There are at least 10 reasons to go to Fourth Street in Berkeley, but most urgently, there's a special event on Sunday, Fourth Street's first County Fair.
- If naptime is just not a thing anymore in your house (be honest with yourself) consider getting to the Hayward Shoreline Interpretive Center in time for the Leopard Shark feeding frenzy.
- Hot enough for ya? (Californians are SO wimpy!) There are at least five water parks that are happy to take your money this weekend.
- Ok, how's this for cute: Walnut Creek's Bedford Gallery is hosting a Cute Critter Live Draw. Watch artists work from live adorable animals to create art on the spot.
- New spot to check out: The Monkey House is hosting an inexpensive magic show for kids 4-7