Save 15% on advance sale mini maker faire tickets with code: 510FAM.
The East Bay Mini Maker Faire is Sunday October 22, 2017. 10am to 5pm.
On Sunday October 22, the East Bay Mini Maker Faire will be take over the Park Day School campus & Studio One Art Center with all kinds of building, putzing, crafting, swapping, and tinkering.
So, what else is going on?
Everything. There are more than 20 hands-on interactive exhibits and dozens of other cool things to watch and learn.
You'll want to bring a shirt to screenprint! Or a whole bag of clothes to donate or upcycle. Turn your jeans into a purse. Evolve your trash into a machine! Iron a plastic bag into a tote (above). And on and on.
Lots of super-cool things to see and do this year with your children. Among the highlights:
- returning faves like the Nerdy Derby (pinewood race cars), Swap-o-Rama-Rama (sewing), Riveropolis (boats and water play), screen-printing, and paper rockets
- workshops on stained glass, wearable electronics, making crappy robots, cheesemaking, TURF dancing
- puppet shows, robot shows, music shows
- the return of CrateStacking, the super fun balancing/climbing sport
As always, the day promises lots of music, raspberry pi, good food, and fire. Check out the schedule of the day for workshops and demos so you can plan and pack accordingly.
Don't forget your unbridled enthusiasm to try new stuff with your kiddos, that's most important.
What to expect:
- Fun. If you like to make, create, design, cut, or glue, you will enjoy yourself. If you like to watch the incredible inventions of others, you will have plenty to ogle.
- Crowds. While I don't expect the teeming throngs that show up for the San Mateo Maker Faire, this mini maker will have its share of long lines for food, bathrooms, and cool exhibits.
- Flames. Fire arts will be on display in full force. All done safely, but the child that freaks out may be yours.
We've been a media sponsor of the East Bay Mini Maker Faire since it's first rainy wonderful event in 2010. We love this event. We've seen our own kids bounce around wearing huge grins while clutching their creations and we've been jealous; this year, look for us wandering the crowds getting our hands dirty with art, science, and baked goods.
Be sure to look for the 510 Families team and make sure to say, “Hey” if you see us.
[All photos by 510families]