Thank you to our sponsor and partner, Kids Gym Berkeley, a fabulous multisensory activity center near the Berkeley/Emeryville border. You’re gonna want your kids to play here all day!
Day Camp at Kids Gym Berkeley through December, 2020
Important update: Kids Gym Berkeley will be running camp for working parents throughout 2020.
Great news! Day Camp at Kids Gym Berkeley is continuing throughout 2020 to support working families. The wonderful facilities will be dedicated to young campers (and not open to other guests until it is safe to do so). Your kids can get their ya-yas out safely while you are at work. There are lots of safety and hygiene practices in place to put your family at ease during these crazy days (see below!). Spaces are limited to keep groups at a maximum of twelve children with one staff member for every six kids.
Kids Gym Berkeley day camp structure & activities
Daily activities include open gym, arts & crafts, STEM, gross motor play, and sensory play. Providing distance learning support and supervision through the school year with homeschool and camp activities and PE.
What is unique about Kids Gym Berkeley is the inclusive design of the space and programming. Children with special needs are welcomed with open arms and the materials and set-up of the rooms are safe, inspiring, and fun for them.
Ages: 2 to 11
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm | Before & After care at $15 per hour
Rate: $450/week or $350 for a three-day session | Siblings save 10% | Families must commit to three (3) consecutive weeks of camp per City of Berkeley Public Health Department requirements as either of 3 or 5 days per week full days or mini camp.
Discount: Save 10% with code 510Families2020
What’s new and fun at Kids Gym Berkeley
- New swings to develop gross and fine motor skills as well as balance and FUN
- Battle rope to develop gross motor power and strength
- New (minimalist) Hape toys are great for pretend play and balance
- Newly remodelled bathrooms and locker area
Win One Week of Day Camp at Kids Gym Berkeley
This prize is valued at $450 for a single-week of five full-day sessions to be scheduled with Kids Gym Berkeley between August 15 and December 15, subject to availability.
New Covid-19 safety procedures at Kids Gym Berkeley
Kids Gym Berkeley has adopted many new health and safety procedures and routines as well as changing out some of the smaller toys that might have ended up in little mouths without staff noticing.
- The new routine includes hourly cleaning and disinfecting including hospital-grade sanitation machines.
- All small toys have been removed from the floor.
- All guests and staff remove shoes in the lobby which are sanitized, bagged, and tagged.
- Masks are required for all adults.
- Limit trampoline to one child at a time.
- Each camp pod of 12 kids has a home base classroom with socially distant seating, personal supplies, and sneeze guards.
- Staff conducts temperature checks for everyone at noon, 3 pm, and 5 pm.
- Kids and staff are required to wash hands after every activity.
Visit Kids Gym Berkeley for day camp
Kids Gym Berkeley
2920 Seventh Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
For more information visit Kids Gym Berkeley online or call (510) 845-9787.
Thanks again to Kids Gym Berkeley for being a sponsor of 510Families.com. Discount: Save 10% with code 510Families2020
The fine print: This prize is valued at $450 for a single-week of five full-day sessions to be scheduled with Kids Gym Berkeley between August 15 and December 15, subject to availability. Kids Gym Berkeley and winner to agree upon five days of day camp subject to availability and safety rules imposed by the City of Berkeley. Must be claimed within 5 months. No cash value.