Put on your jammies and enjoy an evening of animal close-ups and a bonus Zoovie movie with the whole family. Bring your pillows, blankets, and chairs and snuggle up in the Oakland Zoo's auditorium as Roosevelt, the costumed alligator mascot, introduces families to some of the Zoo's teaching animals.
After the animal show-and-tell, enjoy a specially selected nature-themed movie. Hot chocolate (with marshmallows, of course) and popcorn will be provided, but guests are welcome to bring their own treats.
Regular zoo admission is NOT included as this event is after the zoo has closed.
What to know about Zoovie Nights
Age Requirements: For families with children ages 4 – 11 years old. Older siblings are also welcome but they should respect the younger kids' experiences and learning.
Program Time: 6:30pm – 9pm
Upcoming Dates: Select Fridays or Saturdays throughout the year. The recent January 12 show SOLD OUT; plan ahead for upcoming 2018 shows including:
- March 16 Disneynature: Born in China (In honor of World Panda Day)
- April 13 LEGO Batman (In honor of National Bat Appreciation Day)
- May 25 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 Original Movie) (In honor of World Turtle Day)
- June 8 Moana (In honor of World Ocean's Day)
- August 10 The Lion King (In honor of World Lion Day)
- September 22 Bolt (In honor of National Dog Week/World Rhino Day)
Program Fee: Buy tickets on eventbrite. Pre-registration is required. Tickets are $7.00 per person to cover the costs of the Animal close-up program and snacks. For groups of 4 or more: $6 per person.
Location: Zimmer Auditorium. Park in the Lower Parking Lot and proceed to the Zimmer Auditorium. Staff will let in guests when the program starts. Please note that the films are a complementary addition to the evening’s activities
The auditorium limits the capacity to 50 total participants (adults and children).