Sometimes babies on airplanes are not much fun. Therefore, we present a few Bay Area getaways where you can just throw the baby and gear into your family car and set out. Once you have reservations of course. We can’t be too spontaneous!
- Seascape Resort in Aptos. A balcony with a view & lots of room to stretch. Chilly NorCal beach.
- Paso Robles offers wine-tasting and a charming downtown.
- Santa Cruz lets you take turns surfing and playing carnival games.
- Napa-Sonoma WINE, wine, wine, and some other stuff too.
- Cabin Camping in Samuel P. Taylor State Park – reserve a cabin or pitch a tent. Warm showers so you can get extra dirty.
- Mendocino is a charming coastal town with reasonably priced Airbnbs, near the Skunk Train tour, and Glass Beach.
- Tahoe is an obvious choice and loved by so many Bay Area locals, whether it’s snow in the winter or sitting by the lake in the summer. Plenty of places to stop on the way too.
Choose the destination that suits your family best for nap-time breaks or older siblings. Or change your worldview completely by vacationing with another family. Enjoy.