The Westbrae Neighborhood of Berkeley, at the crossroads of Gilman and the Ohlone Greenway, is a perfect destination for a sunny day. Bike here to find plenty of kid-friendly places to eat, have a drink, and enjoy being outdoors when the weather is warm.
What to Eat in Westbrae:
- Berkeley Bagels – our favorite bagels on this side of town. Sit inside, outside, or in their little side garden. My boys would eat their bagels for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Kiku Sushi – small, and sometimes a wait, but definitely a kid-friendly joint if you're craving fresh fish.
Things to Drink in Westbrae:
- Coffee Conscious – open daily for your daily dose. Tables inside and out, trinkets for little ones to play with, and sweet offerings of Pebbles Vegan Donuts to satisfy everyone's sweet needs.
- Westbrae Biergarten – no surprise here, this place is a crowd favorite. Beer on tap, Brazilian food made to order, and a “Kids Only” play area. Read our full review of Westbrae Biergarten here>
Things to do with kids in Westbrae:
- Westbrae Nursery – a plant paradise we love to walk around. They also host an annual pumpkin patch that has become our favorite.
- Cedar Rose Park – one block off the Ohlone Greenway find a park with two separate play areas and a HUGE grassy field for kicking balls or flying kites. A popular destination for birthday parties and group meet-ups. Rest here after you've fueled up on good food.
[All photos by Anna Azimi]