Niles Canyon Railway will be reopening for weekend train rides in September for advanced purchase only. This trip is great for kids of all ages: infants, toddlers, and school age kids, as well as big train nerds, and tourists. All are welcome!
To get all aboard the Niles Canyon Railway
This trip is great for kids of all ages: infants, toddlers, and school age kids, as well as big train nerds, and tourists. All are welcome!
Book tickets now for both twilight and daytime excursions for September 12, 13, 19, or 20. Saturday rides will be at 4 pm and 7 pm. Sunday rides will be at 10:30 am and 1:30 pm.
Rates for Niles Canyon Railway
Daytime trains: $30 for Adults & $20 for Children (3-12) and Seniors (62+)
Twilight (7:00 pm) trains: $40 for Adults & $30 for Children (3-12) and Seniors (62+)
There will be a limited number of tickets available for each trip due to COVID-19 restrictions for proper social spacing. Pre-booked tickets only.
Location of the Sunol Station
6 Kilkare Road, Sunol about 45 minutes from Berkeley with no traffic. Plan to arrive 30 minutes before the train departs. (It will not wait for you!)
Other Covid-19 Restrictions in place at Niles Canyon Railway
- Riders must book tickets in advance and complete a health screener.
- Guests must practice a six-foot social distance while onboard unless arriving as a group of no more than 12 (Social Bubble).
- Time between train departures will be extended to allow time to thoroughly sanitize the train and to limit Guest density throughout our boarding platform, porta-potty corral, Chinese Railroad Workers Exhibit, and retail spaces.
- Masks required for all over the age of two.
- Departures are only from Sunol Depot. At this time, there will be no rides or activity at the Niles Station.
- The snack bar will be closed and bring food and drinks are not permitted on board the train.
The annual Niles Canyon holiday train will, sadly, not be running in 2020, but there will be loads more special rides. Join the Niles Canyon Railway mailing list to be notified.
[Photos by Angie, all rights reserved; content was excerpted with permission]