Jolly Roger Land is a large, colorful, and incredibly entertaining open play space in Union City for children 12 and under. Children can climb, crawl, swing, jump, and slide in this fully padded and safe indoor play space.
Jolly Roger Land features a large play space of approximately 10,000 square feet:
- Interconnected play structures: slides, bridges, trampolines, and tunnels.
- Activity screen in ball pit (i.e., balls thrown at screen will activate the animation.)
- Infant play area: swing carousel, toddler sized slides, gears, magnets.
- Ball cannon and blaster: Shoot balls upward into the air or below using a cannon.
- Scooters, tricycles, and/or Cozy Coupe car to lap around the perimeters of the play space
- Play kitchen, puzzles, train table, blocks.
- Musical piano floor mat.
- Changing tables available in bathrooms.
I visited with my two energetic girls, ages 2.5 and 4. They had a blast navigating through the play structure, climbing up ladders, balancing across bridges, and swinging on the oversized soft padded balls. Every corner had an exciting play activity. The ball pit had an activity screen on the wall for balls to be thrown at and activate animation. A spacious trampoline area connected to the ball cannon shooters. The ball cannon shooters shot balls up into the air or through the cannons from above. The children gleefully ran around looking for balls to throw in, squealing in delight.
Another corner had a quiet(er) toddler space with a play kitchen, train table, and blocks. The back room is reserved for birthday parties, fully decorated by the Jolly Roger Land staff and included an inflatable throne. The bathrooms were clean with changing tables. I was most impressed by the number of gross motor activities available- developing hand-eye coordination, upper/lower body strength, and strategic navigation. The girls stayed for 2 hours, but could have stayed for longer if given the opportunity.
No outside snack and drinks are allowed except for private birthday parties. Party packages include food. Pricing depends on length of stay, not a flat rate. Check pricing here>
Plan your visit to Jolly Roger Land
Admissions: Monday – Friday $16/kid unlimited play with free paying adult, $7 per extra adult. Saturday – Sunday $15/kid – 1 hour; $17/kid- 2 hours; $20/kid- unlimited play; 1 paying child comes with 1 free adult. $7 extra adult. Membership cards also available.
Address: 31300 Courthouse Dr, Union City
Things to know before you go to Jolly Roger Land:
- Socks are required for both adults and child(s). Socks are available for purchase.
- Bathrooms include baby changing tables.
- Birthday party packages are available. Packages include decoration, food, and drinks.
- No outside food allowed outside of the birthday parties.
- No shoes allowed within the play space. Keep track of your shoes as accidental shoe mix-ups happen.
- Pre-pay for the additional hours to save on cost.
- Fill out the waiver online before going
[All photos by Sarah Lee; used with permission]
🔔🎅🎁🎄Holiday Fun Quick Link🔔🎁s🌟Where to Get Santa Photos
🌟Holiday High Teas
🌟Bay Area Nutcrackers
🌟Best Christmas Lights
... and our Ultimate Guide to Holiday Fun For East Bay Families ---