I attended school at the UC Berkeley Campus and I love to take my daughters there. We like to show off the campus so they feel comfortable with universities see that they are actually fun and exciting places where you can learn, adventure and picnic! Here are our top 6 things to do with our kids at Cal.
- Visit the dinosaurs and butterflies in the Valley Life Sciences building.
- Climb the Campanile (AKA Sather Tower). Hitting the campanile around noon is fun for the bell tower tunes.
- Sing Mary Poppins songs at South Hall, the oldest building on campus built in 1873.
- Participate in Research at the Berkeley Early Learning Lab. The girls have been research subjects in countless studies here since they have been born. See our past posts about research at Cal.
- Play on the circular sculpture in the grassy area at the north fork of Strawberry Creek. There are four others on campus as well.
- Explore the lecture halls on weekends. In certain light, this adventure can provide some nice photos opportunities.
The University also has this pdf print out especially for visiting kids.
What are your favorite places at Cal with little kids?
[All photos are by Becky Matthews, all rights reserved]