Weekday night dinner plans got you in a rut? We've rounded up 6 Bay Area joints that offer FREE food to kids. And by free, we mean with a paying adult. Hey, at least it's something!
- Denny's (Emeryville + El Cerrito) Kids eat free Tuesdays from 4 – 10pm with the purchase of an adult entree. Can't beat the Denny's Grand Slam – 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 pieces of bacon and 2 sausage links. Enough to feed a family. Website.
- Filippos Italian (Rockridge) One free kids meal per entree ordered. Tuesdays only. Spaghetti, mac ‘n cheese, mini chicken parmigiana – take your pick – plus a sundae too! Website.
- IHOP (El Cerrito, Emeryville, Oakland + Richmond) Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea, especially when it's cheap. Daily from 4 – 10pm with purchase of an adult entree. Website.
- Ikea (Emeryville) Kids eat free all day Tuesdays with purchase of an adult meal. Have you even tried Ikea's Swedish meatballs? I'd pay double for those things. Website.
- Shirasoni (Alameda) Free kids meal with the purchase of an adult meal on Tuesdays. Sushi, anyone? Website.
- Tomatina (Alameda) Pizza, salads, brussels sprouts, gluten free options, beer, wine. This place has it all. Plus kids eat free Thursdays after 4pm. Website.
There you have it! What did we miss? Please tell us, we love free (or almost free) things.
[Photo Credit: Anna Azimi]