Weekday night dinner plans got you in a rut? We’ve rounded up 13 East Bay Area restaurants that offer FREE food to kids. And by free, we mean with a paying adult. Hey, at least it’s something!
Ten-ish East Bay Restaurants Where Kids Get Free Meals
- Amici’s East Coast Pizzeria (Danville, Dublin, Vacaville) Pizza isn’t just for Fridays, so make Tuesday the new fun-day. Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult meal, 5 pm-close. Website.
- Chevy’s (Emeryville) Make Wednesday nights your family night. Kids 12 and under can enjoy one kids’ meal for $1 every Wednesday, per adult entrée purchased. Available all day in the dining room. Okay, not technically free, but pretty darn close. Outdoor dining is available, as well as take-out and delivery. Website.
- Claremont Club and Spa Limewood Bar & Restaurant (Berkeley) Kids 5 and under eat free, and 12 and under receive 50% off when ordering off the regular menu. A great place to practice some fancy table manners with a view. Call ahead to make a reservation. Outdoor dining available. Website.
- IHOP (Emeryville + Richmond) Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea, especially when it’s cheap. Kids eat free daily from 4 – 10pm with purchase of an adult entree. Not available at the El Cerrito location, call your local location to confirm promotion is available. Website.
- IKEA (Emeryville) Free baby food for every adult meal purchased in the IKEA restaurant, but you’ll need to ask since this is kind of a secret. Website.
- IN-N-OUT (Alameda, Oakland, Pinole) Your favorite burger place offers kiddos free hot chocolate on rainy days. Who knew? Outdoor dining is available, as well as drive-through. Website.
- Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe (Emeryville) is Family-friendly and kid-approved, especially the nachos and pancakes (but not together, or maybe?). On Fridays and Saturdays, 4 pm – 9 pm, kids 12 and under receive 1 free kid’s meal for each purchase of an adult meal ($10 minimum purchase required) 1 free kid’s menu item and kid’s drink. Outdoor dining is available, as well as online ordering and take-out. Website.
- Simply Fondue (Livermore) Take a Sunday drive to indulge in a Family Fondue Sunday. Kids 12 and under eat free with each adult Fondue Sampler or Fondue Feast purchased. A fun special occasion option. Outdoor dining available Website.
- Tender Greens (Berkeley) Use the app to earn points and reach Family Level membership Then you’ll earn the Kids Eat Free reward for children 12 or under. A fresh and healthy alternative. Pick-up and delivery only. Website.
- Tomatina (Alameda) Pizza, salads, brussels sprouts, gluten-free options, beer, wine. This place has it all. Plus kids eat free Thursdays after 4 pm with an adult entrée. Outdoor dining is available, as well as take-out. Website.
There you have it! What did we miss? Please tell us, we love free (or almost free) things.
Disclaimer – Restaurants have the freedom to change their minds at any point. Please call to confirm.