Weekday night dinner plans got you in a rut? We've rounded up 12 East Bay Area restaurants that offer FREE food to kids. And by free, we mean with a paying adult. Hey, at least it's something!
- Chevy's (Emeryville) Make Wednesday nights, family night. Kids 12 and under can enjoy one kids' meal for $1 every Wednesday, per adult entrée purchased. Available all day in the dining room. Okay, not technically free, but pretty darn close. Website.
- Claremont Club and Spa Limewood Bar & Restaurant (Berkeley) Kids 5 and under eat free, and 12 and under receive 50% off when ordering off the regular menu. A great place to practice some fancy table manners with a view. Website.
- Denny's (Emeryville + El Cerrito) Kids eat free Tuesdays from 4 – 10pm with the purchase of an adult entree. Can't beat the Denny's Grand Slam – 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 pieces of bacon and 2 sausage links. Enough to feed a family. Website.
- El Torito (San Leandro) Wednesdays, kids under 12 eat for $1 with the purchase of any regular priced adult entree. Taco Tuesdays are so yesterday. Website.
- Filippos Italian (Rockridge) One free kids' meal per entree ordered. Tuesdays only. Spaghetti, mac ‘n cheese, mini chicken parmigiana – take your pick – plus a sundae too! Website.
- IHOP (El Cerrito, Emeryville, Oakland + Richmond) Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea, especially when it's cheap. Daily from 4 – 10pm with purchase of an adult entree. Website.
- IKEA (Emeryville) Free baby food for every adult meal purchased in the IKEA restaurant. Mommy and me shopping made easy. Website.
- IN-N-OUT (Alameda, Oakland, Pinole) Your favorite burger place offers kiddos free hot chocolate on rainy days. Who knew? Website.
- Knudsen’s Ice Creamery (Castro Valley) Mondays, buy one adult sundae get one kids' sundae free. Wednesdays, buy one adult entree and get one kids' meal free. Website.
- Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe (Emeryville) Family friendly with Southern Fried Chicken on Tuesdays, which is lucky since Tuesdays, kids 12 and under receive 1 free kid’s meal for each purchase of an adult meal ($10 minimum purchase required) 1 free kid’s menu item and kid’s drink. Website.
- Shirasoni (Alameda) Free kids' meal for children under 12 with the purchase of an adult meal on Tuesdays. Sushi, anyone? Website.
- Simply Fondue (Livermore) Take a Sunday drive to indulge in a Family Fondue Sunday. Kids 12 and under eat free with each adult Fondue Sampler or Fondue Feast purchased. A fun special occasion option. Website.
- Tender Greens (Berkeley) Use the app to earn points and reach Family Level membership Then you'll earn the Kids Eat Free reward for children 12 or under. A fresh and healthy alternative. Website.
- Tomatina (Alameda) Pizza, salads, brussels sprouts, gluten free options, beer, wine. This place has it all. Plus kids eat free Thursdays after 4pm. Website.
There you have it! What did we miss? Please tell us, we love free (or almost free) things.
Disclaimer – Restaurants have the freedom to change their minds at any point. Please call to confirm.
[Photo Credit: Julie Herson]