Weekday night dinner plans got you in a rut? We’ve rounded up 14 East Bay Area restaurants that offer FREE food to kids. And by free, we mean with a paying adult. Hey, at least it’s something!
Eight East Bay Restaurants Where Kids Get Free Meals
- Amici’s East Coast Pizzeria (Danville, Dublin, Vacaville) Pizza isn’t just for Fridays, so make Tuesday the new fun-day. Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult meal, 5 pm-close. Website.
- Berkeley Dining (Berkeley) Cal Berkeley’s Dining services are open to the public, and they also offer free meals to kids under 5. Here are some of their locations if you happen to be on campus. Website.
- Black Bear Diner (Emeryville) Order a cubs’ meal after 11 am and receive your choice of a free treat. They also have Teddy Bear Tuesdays- Kids Bring in a teddy bear and they Eat Free (call ahead to double check though; this location is hit & miss). Website.
- Chevy’s (Emeryville) Make Wednesday nights your family night. Kids 12 and under can enjoy one kids’ meal for $1 every Wednesday, per adult entrée purchased. Available all day in the dining room. Okay, not technically free, but pretty darn close. Outdoor dining is available, as well as take-out and delivery. Website.
- Chili’s Bar & Grill (Many East Bay locations) My Chili’s Rewards members can receive Free Kids Meal rewards offers that can be redeemed in-restaurant or online. You’ll have to join the club though.
- Claremont Club and Spa Limewood Bar & Restaurant (Berkeley) Guests’ Kids 5 and under eat free, and 12 and under receive 50% off when ordering off the regular menu. A great place to practice some fancy table manners with a view. Call ahead to make a reservation and make sure they know about the deal (some reservationists don’t always know). Outdoor dining available. Website.
- Hazy BBQ (Danville) Every Monday, kids eat free! This place comes highly recommended. Website.
- IHOP (Emeryville + Richmond) Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea, especially when it’s cheap. Kids eat free daily from 4 – 10 pm with purchase of an adult entree. Not available at the El Cerrito location, call your local location to confirm promotion is available. Website.
- IKEA (Emeryville) IKEA Family members get up to two kid’s entrees free when they buy any adult entrée at the IKEA Restaurant. Valid every Wednesday of 2023! Website.
- IN-N-OUT (Alameda, Oakland, Pinole) Your favorite burger place offers kiddos free hot chocolate on rainy days. Who knew? Outdoor dining is available, as well as drive-through. Website.
- Mendocino Farms (San Ramon) Kids eat free every Wednesday with the purchase of one adult entrée! Grilled cheese, quesadilla, PB&J, Turkey Sandwich or Chicken fingers for the kids. Don’t worry, there’re plenty of grown up options to choose from too! Website.
- Simply Fondue (Livermore) Take a Sunday drive to indulge in a Family Fondue Sunday. Kids 12 and under eat free with each adult Fondue Feast purchased. A fun special occasion option. Outdoor dining available Website.
- The Kebab Shop (Concord, Fremont, San Ramon) On Saturdays and Sundays, get a Kids Box-Free, for every wrap, box plate, and fountain drink purchased at the regular price. Website.
- Tomatina (Alameda, Walnut Creek) Pizza, salads, brussels sprouts, gluten-free options, beer, wine. This place has it all. Plus kids eat free Thursdays after 4 pm with an adult entrée. Outdoor dining is available, as well as take-out. Website.
There you have it! What did we miss? Please tell us, we love free (or almost free) things.
Disclaimer – Restaurants have the freedom to change their minds at any point. Please call to confirm.