Calling all parents whose kids need to get their wiggles out and develop balance, coordination and strength. Can’t think of a better place than Head Over Heels Athletic Arts (or HOH) youth gymnastics.
Head Over Heels is a youth gymnastics center in Emeryville with a few options to plan a visit:
- Weekly classes – which you pay for monthly. For ages 18 months to 14 years (more info)
- Pop’n’Play – a sort of open gym available 3 days a week, which you pay for monthly. Starts at age 4.
- Seasonal, holiday, and summer camps – (details here). Half-day camp starts at age 3. Full-day camp begins at age 4.
- Birthday Parties, but that’s a whole other topic (figure it out here).
Head Over Heels Weekly classes
Weekly classes are held for tots as young as 18 months through age 14. School-age levels include beginner, intermediate, advanced, and special needs. All about classes >
[Find more classes for young gymnasts]
Hanging out at HOH while your kid takes a class, parents have access to:
- Parent seating areas with free WiFi
- Snacks and drinks for purchase
- Stroller parking
Parking at Head Over Heels, good luck with that
Parking can be scarce, but there are HOH reserved spots on Spur Alley. If you visit during weekday school hours, park in the reserved spaces on Spur Alley. If you visit on the weekends, there is free street parking closer to the preschool gym on Doyle St. and 47th St.
Bottom line: the facilities are clean and the classes are fun. The programs and staff are organized. Find more youth gymnastics in the East Bay.
Bonus tip: Target Emeryville is a mere 4 minutes away should you need to run errands after class.
Plan your visit to Head Over Heels, Emeryville
Head Over Heels Athletic Arts is located at 4701 Doyle St. Bldg. F Emeryville, CA 94608