SFMOMA is reopening and they're celebrating with two weeks of Free Community Days and free parking at the museum from 10/4–10/18. As a family with younger children (especially babies) we enjoyed the bright and colorful galleries, airy terraces and kid-friendly spaces.
Art is for everyone. There’s plenty to see at SFMOMA with kids!
The museum has curated a list of art installations kids love. We loved the rooftop terrace the most. Kids 18 and under are always free — though they do require a ticket. This museum is really great for babies in carriers, or strollers because there’s so much good stuff to look at. If you have a rambunctious runner, this would not be the right place to visit as it’s not a hands-on museum for kids (at this point).
Family Friendly Features at SFMOMA
- There are changing tables in both women’s and men’s bathrooms
- There are family-friendly all-gender restrooms
- Strollers and soft-sided carriers worn on the front are allowed in the galleries. (No hiking packs allowed.)
- Breastfeeding allowed in all spaces; though there are no dedicated spaces for feeding in the museum.
- Book kids’ free tickets online in advance, along with tickets for the rest of your party. For online transactions, there is a limit of six child/teen tickets per paid or member ticket.
SFMOMA tickets for a specific date and time are available online starting Sept.25,
New standard regulations will apply for Covid safety:
- Daily attendance will be limited to 25% capacity.
- Social distancing is required, and all visitors age 3 and older must wear masks while in the building.
- Entry will be through timed tickets.