Woohoo! On Monday at 11:20 am, a victory parade for the Golden State Warriors will start at Market & Main Streets in San Francisco. The parade rolls down Market Street ending at Sixth Street. Both ends are pretty BARTable as well as the stops in between.
Monday is the observed date for the Juneteenth holiday so many businesses will be closed and BART may be running an unusual schedule. Early riser? Good! BART and the streets will be jam-packed, so come early and plan to hang out for a while. Check the BART website for service updates.
As of right now, there is no official parade here in Oakland.
BART Tips for the Warriors Parade in San Francisco
- Masks are required on BART.
- We suggest avoiding Embarcadero and Civic Center BART stations as they are the endpoints of the parade and may have staging areas or other obstacles. To watch the parade, aim for either Montgomery or Powell Street Stations and find a place to wait on Market Street.
- Children 4 and under ride free but everyone else must have a Clipper card (a plastic card or in your digital wallet) or a BART paper ticket (no longer sold at stations) with funds loaded. Proof of payment is required.
- For a smooth ride, load a Clipper Card in advance. Getting a Clipper card on your cellphone before you head to the parade will save you time and money. Clipper is available through either Apple Pay or Google Pay. Clipper is waiving the standard $3 new-card fee for anyone who uses the mobile option while the fee is still being charged for those who opt for the plastic card. Learn more at www.clippercard.com.
Parent Tips for the Warriors Parade in San Francisco
Just like visiting any giant amusement park or destination, have a plan. Designate a meeting spot if you get separated and write your phone number in Sharpie on your child’s arm.
What to bring to the Warriors Parade
From previous years, here are our tips and recommendations. These may change so double-check before you leave the house!
- Sunscreen, hats, water, and your blue and gold!
- Bag restrictions at the rally site are as follows:
- No bags larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″
- All bags, including backpacks and purses, are subject to search
- Signs and banners are permitted under the following guidelines:
- They do not obstruct sightlines at the parade or rally
- Dimensions do not exceed 18″ x 18″
- No obscene or inflammatory language