Thanks to Visit Oakland for the details and images on this topic.
On Thursday, at 10 am, a victory parade for the Golden State Warriors will start at 11th and Broadway in downtown Oakland, finishing with a rally around 12:15 pm outside the Convention Center.
Early riser? Good! BART and the streets will be jam-packed, so come early. In fact, the City of Oakland will be ready for you to begin lining up for the rally as early as 5:00 am.
Pick up your Cheer Cards at Visit Oakland
Visit Oakland will have Warriors Cheer Cards available at the Visitor Center in Jack London Square, and will also be passing them out for everyone getting off the Ferry Thursday morning.
Tips for Riding BART to the Victory Celebration
Thanks to BART for sharing advice on navigating the commute.
The Lake Merritt BART Station will be in the epicenter of the celebration so it’s best to avoid it. We strongly suggest taking BART to either 12th Street or 19th Street stations in Oakland. They are bigger and they’re right along the parade route so you’ll have more elbow room. They will also be your best options for starting your trip home.
- Be patient, it's going to get crowded; busiest hours in 2015 were 8am-10am
- Use 19th Street Station, avoid the much smaller Lake Merritt Station
- Buy a Clipper card (clipper.com) in advance to avoid extremely long lines at ticket machines
- Look for tables with cash only $15 Clipper card sales at 10 of the busiest BART stations
- Parking will be packed; think about taking the bus or walking to BART or getting dropped off
- “Permit” spaces in parking lots are for permit holders only, a citation will ruin the fun day
- When boarding trains, move to the center of the car so more can fit, remove backpacks
- Don't jam a train door- it will take the whole train out of service and everyone will boo you
- Some trains may not stop at Lake Merritt if the Rally Zone has reached capacity or crowding
- BART service will not match the published schedule, so listen carefully to announcements
Check the BART website for updates.
What to bring to the Warriors Parade
- Sunscreen, hats, water, and your blue and gold!
- Bag restrictions at the rally site are as follows:
- No bags larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″
- All bags, including backpacks and purses, are subject to search
- Signs and banners are permitted under the following guidelines:
- They do not obstruct sightlines at the parade or rally
- Dimensions do not exceed 18″ x 18″
- No obscene or inflammatory language