If your child is under age six, there are fewer camp options. This roundup of summer camps for younger campers who are on break from preschool or about to enter kindergarten is a sampling of the diverse offerings available in the East Bay. Learn more about these camps for two- to five-year olds and other East Bay camps in our Annual Camp Guide.
Special thanks to our sponsors who make this guide (and these hecka fun camps!) possible:
- Abundant Summers begins at age 3 at Oakland's Lake Temescal.
- Camp Galileo admits rising kindergartners at many East Bay locations.
- Camp Edmo starts for kids entering kids entering Pre-K at many East Bay locations.
- Camp Gan Israel begins at age 4 at Oakland's Lake Temescal.
- Kids Gym Berkeley starts at age 3 in SW Berkeley.
- Le Camp d’Été starts at age 3 in SW Berkeley
- Monkey Business Camp starts at age 3 at an indoor/outdoor site near Berkeley's Tilden Park.
- Roughing It starts at age 4 in Lafayette with bus transport from many East Bay locations.
- Sarah's Science begins at age 4 in Berkeley and Oakland.
There are almost too many choices of cool summer camp programs that care for young toddlers through not-yet-kindergartners. Parents can pick from a wide range of offerings from creative to sporty to social justice.
Summer camps for ages two- to five-year olds:
Camps for ages 2-3 (10 camps)
Camps for ages 4-5 (40+ camps)
Camps for rising kindergartners (75+ camps – wow!)
Thanks again to our sponsors:
[Photos provided by Le Camp d’Été and Camp Edmo]