The El Cerrito Swim Center includes a large lap pool; smaller warmed recreation pool with zero entry; water spray features; and a water slide. Families can find swim lessons, recreational swim time, community parties and a fully separate splash park outside.
We recently visited El Cerrito Swim Center Splash Park and Tot Splash program at the El Cerrito Swim Center. Tot Splash starts at the shallow end of a large, warm pool cordoned off by a divider. The water does not go deeper than 3 feet, which allows for older toddlers to walk and “swim.”
Swimming pool restrictions prohibit flotation devices. Due to the low water level in the shallow end, swimming vests are not allowed. An adult must be in the water with the child at all times. Past the divider, parents are welcome to hold their child and swim together – swim vests are allowed. No water toys are provided, but you are welcome to bring some from home. A lifeguard is on duty and overseeing the children. A family bathroom is equipped with a changing table.
My girls, age one and three, loved this outing — it was a great water play activity on a warm day for infants/toddlers and an easy place for me to supervise them without worry. Lunch at one of the shaded patio tables or on the grass is a perfect afternoon spent before a long relaxing nap (hopefully!) with your littles.
The Splash Park had several low spraying sprinklers (good for introducing little ones to water) as well as larger sprinklers spraying from all angles with buckets of water pouring down. The area is enclosed with plenty of grassy areas to picnic and small enough for children to be within view at all times. Read more about the seasonal splash park in El Cerrito.
Plan your visit to El Cerrito Swim Center
- Ages 7 years old and under with Parent/Guardian there is shared space in the Activity Pool near the slide is available to swim, float, and have fun!
Beginning August 22nd: (There is a 1-week break for 7&Under Swim the week of 8/15)
Monday & Wednesday 4:30pm-6:30pm
Through August 31, 2022:
Drop-In: $4 per person, 2 years and older
FREE 1 year and under
10-Punch Pass: $29 Res / $36 Non-ResBeginning September 1, 2022:
Drop-In: $5 per person, 2 years and older
FREE 1 year and under
10-Punch Pass: $31 Res / $39 Non-Res
- Parking is available in the front.
- rECswim takes place in the Activity Pool and Splash Park. Due to low staffing, no slide or diving boards will be available, and no access to the Emery G. Weed III Lap Pool.
- Due to staffing issues, times are limited. Check hours and schedules on the website >>.
What to bring:
- Swimsuit for you and your child(s). Tot splash requires adults to be in the water with the child
- Face masks are REQUIRED in the locker rooms for those who are unvaccinated except children ages 2 years old and younger or if you are showering.
- Towels to dry off
- Extra bag for wet clothes
- Water toys
- Water shoes — the splash park is on concrete
- Planning to swim with your child in the lap pool? Bring a swim vest