Want to eat outside with your kids in Oakland? Thanks those of you following on the 510Families Facebook page, we have curated a list of 10 kid-friendly restaurants with patios in Oakland roughly listed from North to South. (See our list of Berkeley restaurants and Alameda restaurants with the same criteria.)
- Arthur Mac's Tap and Snack in North Oakland – This cool restaurant is all outdoors AND comes with a sandbox. Add pizza and beer and you can't go wrong. (4006 MLK Jr. Way)
- Barney's Burgers – Both the Piedmont and College Avenue locations offer outdoor seating. Take your pick! (5819 College Ave. or 4162 Piedmont Ave.)
- Crepevine on College – Breakfast for dinner! Or for breakfast. Crepevine's enclosed patio is perfect for squirmy kids with syrup on their fingers. (5600 College Ave.)
- Pizziaolo in Temescal – Best known for their wood-fired pies, and loved for date night, Pizzaiolo welcomes kids and has a backyard seating area that is quite lovely. Try it out for morning coffee on a weekday – the place is packed with laptopping folks and strollers. (5008 Telegraph Ave.)
- Cholita Linda in Temescal – Enjoy your tasty fish tacos on their cute colorful patio. Order a side of rice, beans, guac for the kids, and don't forget your agua fresca. (4923 Telegraph Ave.)
- Homeroom in Temescal – Fun school-themed restaurant with a small outside seating section offering delicious comfort food meals. Get the mac ‘n' cheese. Obviously. (400 40th Street)
- Drake's Dealership in Uptown Oakland – This place is huge, has beer, and pizza and beer. Dogs (and kids) welcome. (2325 Broadway)
- Forge in Jack London Square – Wood-fired pizzas with a beautiful view of the Bay. Take the family during the day, or sit by one of their fire pits for date night. Check out our Parents Guide to Jack London Square > (66 Franklin Street)
- Brotzeit Lokal in East Oakland – Located in Oakland's estuary (I had to Google it too) – this pub offers sausages, fries, pretzels, ketchup and lots of other kid favorites. And plenty of beer on tap too.
What did we miss?
Pin this so you can find it later.
[Photo Credits: Forge from Anna Azimi, Drake's outdoor seating area from Yelp]