Want to eat outside with your kids in Oakland? Thanks to those of you following on the 510Families Facebook page, we have curated a list of the top kid-friendly restaurants with outdoor dining options. When the air quality is good, below are the options for restaurant patios open in Oakland — even now during Covid-19 times — roughly listed from North to South.
- Arthur Mac’s Tap and Snack in North Oakland -This super family friendly restaurant is all outdoors with a daily-rotating list of local craft beer, wine, hard seltzer. But don’t just come for their drinks they’re known for pizza, wings, fresh salads and bonus: vegan options. (4006 MLK Jr. Way)
- Barney’s Burgers -Both the Piedmont and College Avenue locations offer outdoor seating. Take your pick and don’t skip the milkshakes! (5819 College Ave. or 4162 Piedmont Ave.)
- Crepevine on College – Breakfast for dinner! Or for breakfast. Crepevine’s enclosed patio is perfect for squirmy kids with syrup on their fingers. (5600 College Ave.)
- Pizziaolo in Temescal -Best known for their wood-fired pies, handmade pastas, and loved for date night, Pizzaiolo welcomes kids and has a backyard seating area that is quite lovely. Try it out for morning coffee and pastries on a weekday – the place is packed with laptopping folks and strollers. (5008 Telegraph Ave.)
- Drake’s Dealership in Uptown Oakland – This place is huge and perfect for social distancing. They serve the ultimate combination: beer and pizza. Dogs (and kids) welcome. (2325 Broadway)
- Forge in Jack London Square -Wood-fired pizzas with a beautiful view of the Bay. Take the family during the day or sit by one of their fire pits for date night. Outdoor seating not available during poor air quality days. Check out our Parents Guide to Jack London Square > (66 Franklin Street)
- Brotzeit Lokal in East Oakland – Located in Oakland’s estuary (I had to Google it too) – this beer garden offers sausages, fries, pretzels, ketchup and lots of other kid favorites. And plenty of beer on tap too. Dogs allowed on the outdoor patio.
What did we miss?