The campsites in Anthony Chabot Regional Park are so deep in the park, which is part Oakland and part Castro Valley, that it feels like you've really left the area. But rest assured, your “road trip” will be less than half an hour, and you'll be camping.
Intimidated by camping with little ones? Community Impact LAB is hosting a one-night Family Campout on June 30.
Gather at the Hawk Ridge campsite, which is equipped with bathrooms, at 2 pm on Saturday afternoon.
How to RSVP for this camping trip:
Purchase tickets for each adult in your party at eventbrite.
Fees cover the cost of supplies, food, and campsite reservations. Adult Day-Only tickets are $35 and Adult Camping tickets are $45. All children's tickets are free. Community Impact LAB, CIL, will provide activities, dinner (and breakfast for campers) non-alcoholic drinks, and plenty of s'mores. You'll need to bring your own tent and beer/wine.
Contact Christina with questions: christina AT communityimpactlab.org
Directions to Hawk Ridge campsite
There are several access points to Anthony Chabot Regional Park, located on Redwood Road in the hills above Oakland. Do not rely on Google Maps; bring these directions.
- From I-580 West in Castro Valley, take the Redwood Road exit (Exit 36) and turn RIGHT at Redwood Road.
- From I-580 East in Castro Valley, take the Redwood Road exit (Exit 36) and turn LEFT at Redwood Road.
- Once on Redwood Road, continue on Redwood Road for 6 miles through town and past the Proctor Staging Area, Willow Park Golf Course, and the Chabot Staging Area.
- Turn LEFT at the Marciel Gate onto Marciel Road
- Enter the park on Marciel Road and continue for 2 miles (veer left at the Marksmanship Range entrance)
- ARRIVE at the Anthony Chabot Family Campground entrance at the end of Marciel Road (0.4 miles beyond the Marksmanship Range entrance)
Who is Community Impact Lab?
Community Impact Lab envisions a world where women and their abilities are valued, where work and life can be integrated, and where families act as a force for positive social change. By engaging families, empowering women, and removing obstacles to progress, we enable everyone to live, give, and grow to their fullest potentials.
Everyone, including children and all friends and supporters of our mission, is encouraged to join them.
Thanks to Community Impact LAB for providing this event and information that we could share with our readers.