Can a birthday party be fun and educational? Why YES, it certainly can. If your kiddo loves wading in water and sand under fingernails, a nature-themed birthday party might be a great way to celebrate. Alameda’s Crab Cove birthday parties are targeted for children turning 4 to 12.
Kids Birthday Parties at Crab Cove, Alameda
Situated just north of Robert W. Crown Memorial State Beach, Crab Cove offers 1-hour parties, from 10:30-11:30am on select weekends. The guest of honor gets to choose either Bay Critters or Reptiles to be the theme of the party.
What they provide at a Crab Cove birthday party:
- 60 minutes of facilitated nature fun
- Guided outdoor exploration &/or a nature game
- Nature introduction in their old wharf classroom
- Creative craft activity for kids to take home
What you provide at a Crab Cove birthday party:
- Food. Any food or birthday dessert – no food is allowed within the visitor center so if you want to provide snacks, consider using their outdoor picnic area.
- You can reserve the picnic tables ahead of time by calling 888-327-2757 (option 2) or grab any that are not reserved on the day of (But 510 Mom says: “doesn’t that sound stressful if you’re planning a kid party? Yes, yes it does”).
- Note: The Neptune Picnic Area is the closest to Crab Cove.
- Favors. Environmentally friendly goody bags, if you choose to give away favors. (In order to protect the wildlife, they do not allow balloons at Crab Cove!)
- Parent supervision (required)
Cost for a party at Crab Cove Nature Center:
- $100 flat rate, paid online
- 15 children max, including siblings
Hours and days available for nature parties:
- Weekends 10:30-11:30am
- Parties are scheduled by reservation only and can also be booked online.
Bottom Line on a Crab Cove nature lovers birthday party:
As long as you don’t stress about feeding your guests, this is one EASY and AFFORDABLE party. Because parties are available on select weekends, book in advance because weekends are limited!
For more information or available dates contact:
The Crab Cove Visitor Center
1252 McKay Avenue Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 544-3187
1 thought on “Nature Birthday Party Place: Crab Cove, Alameda”
Pingback: Birthday Party Ideas and Resources for Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, Albany families — 510 Families