Crab Cove in Alameda is a terrific place for children age 3 to 12 who like to get their hands dirty. If your kiddo loves the feel of sand between her fingers, consider their nature-themed birthday parties. As of this writing, the Alameda estuary's visitor center offers two different themes: Bay Critters and Reptiles.
What you get:
- Guided outdoor exploration
- Indoor activity in old wharf classroom related to your theme
- Nature craft for kids to take home
- Party favor bags aimed at explorers
- Free parking
- 60-90 minutes of facilitated nature fun depending on the age of the children
What you provide:
- Any food or birthday dessert – no food is allowed within the visitor center so if you want to provide snacks or meals, it's on you.
- You can reserve the picnic tables ahead of time 800-327-2757 or grab any that are not reserved on the day of (but doesn't that sound stressful if you're planning a kid party? Yes, yes it does).
What you pay:
- A $75.00 deposit is required two weeks prior to the date of the party.
- The deposit covers the first 10 children and a fee of $5.00 is required for each additional child (up to 15 children maximum).
Hours and days:
- Nature Parties are available on weekends.
- Parties are scheduled by reservation only.
Bottom Line: As long as you don't stress about feeding your guests, this is one EASY and AFFORDABLE party. For more information on available dates and times please contact:
The Crab Cove Visitor Center
1252 McKay Avenue Alameda, CA 94501 Phone: (510) 544-3187