We understand that planning your day during COVID reopening can be a balancing act because we’re right there with you. We’ve curated a list of our favorite events and activities for families the weekend ahead to save you the research.
We update this page every Wednesday, so be sure to come back and see what we have coming up for next weekend in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Things to do in the East Bay with kids this weekend
Saturday, July 24
- Visit Chabot Space & Science Center for Sunset Telescope Time.
- The Spiders Professional Ultimate (Frisbee) Game has a kids’ zone and free admission for those under 12.
- RSVP for a Kids Night Out at Color Me Mine Alameda. Moana and ice cream round out the evening of pottery painting while you get a date night!
Sunday, July 25
- Solano Ave. is hosting an artist celebration with face painting, puppets, and a pet show for children.
- RSVP for a messy art class for babies.
- The miniature Golden Gate Live Steamers (trains you can ride!) are running again from noon to 3 pm on Sundays only.
- Michael’s Crafts in Emeryville is hosting a drop-in craft and kids are welcome. Make a Back to School sign together (omg, already?!)
- Catch an East Bay Farmer’s Market that is wonderful for children.
- Head to a Bay Area beach. There are so many within 90 minutes.
- Visit the Carousel in Tilden Park. Or miss the lines and do it on a weekday.
Need more ideas? Check out our local events calendar for fun family-friendly happenings or our Guide to every day July with East Bay kids.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, and admission with the third party hosting the event.