We understand that planning your day during shelter-in-place can be a balancing act. We’ve curated a list of the best events and activities for families the week ahead to save you the research.
We update this page every Monday, so be sure to come back and see what we have coming up for this week & weekend.
Hello, 510 families! With summer plans in limbo, we’re aiming to turn our backyard into a little vacation spot. I plan to perfect our homemade popsicle flavors and spend hot days in our kiddie pool with my girls. The good news is, experts agree that outside is a safe and healthy place to be. Enjoy this week's highlights below. Get outdoors, keep moving and stay safe everyone!
Things to do in the East Bay with kids this week
MONDAY, JUNE 1
- Dance with Rossana from Bananas at their virtual playgroup.
- Before you hit up EBRPD trails, experience EBRPD park with their virtual/augmented reality app and learn about the culture and land from local indigenous tribes.
TUESDAY, JUNE 2
- Sweet stories with SF Public Library has expanded to every weekday at 10am. Tune in, it’s delightful.
- Take a field trip to Gilroy to visit ostriches, alpacas and goats.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3
- Go on a gnome scavenger hunt in Oakland
- Breath and move with Yama Kids toddler yoga or elementary yoga.
THURSDAY, JUNE 4
- Take a field trip to Brentwood before the weekend crowds for strawberry picking.
- Investigate flowers and pollinators or join Lawrence Hall of Science virtually for a variety of activities.
FRIDAY, JUNE 5
- Grab your racket and hit the courts for socially distanced tennis.
- Stay up late for a kid friendly stargazing sesh.
SATURDAY, JUNE 6
- Get your weekend started right with Vinyasa Yoga with Janet for all ages. It’s FREE.
- Snag an evening appointment for socially distanced mini golfing at Scandia in Fairfield or GolfLand in Castro Valley.
SUNDAY, JUNE 7
- Get inspired and write up a summer bucket list with your family.
- Take your pick out of our extensive list of the best “Do Anytime” activities for Sunday fun.
COVID-19 Coronavirus note: Alameda County and surrounding counties are in a modified shelter in place order.