Here’s a list of our favorite events and activities for families this weekend. Come back each week for top kid picks in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Special thanks to Bay Area KidFest for sponsoring today’s post. Attend the festival this weekend—Saturday through Monday—for fun activities, food and lively entertainment.
Things to do in the East Bay with Kids this Weekend
All Weekend Stuff
- Count butterflies at an East Bay garden—many have free admission.
- Kick off summer festival season at Bay Area KidFest.
- Hand pick cherries or stone fruit at a U-Pick farm.
Saturday, May 28
- Join an in-store children’s storytime in Alameda, then walk to Chochenyo Park for imaginary play.
- Cheer for the Oakland Roots Soccer Club as they play against Sacramento Republic FV.
- Enjoy crafts and nature Children’s Creativity Museum’s Spring Saturday; then see the XOXO exhibit.
Sunday, May 29
- Spend the day at Miller/Knox Park to see the model railroad displays or go on a gentle hike.
- Climb all over the rock parks of North Berkeley. Don’t miss the views at Indian Rock Park.
- Splash and run through puddles at Cannery Park Splash Pad in Hayward—now open!
Monday, May 30
- It’s Memorial Day! Attend a memorial ceremony at USS Hornet.
- Check out these local museums and attractions that are open, including Fairyland and Exploratorium.
- Fish, hike and boat at Lake Chabot Regional Park.
Need more ideas? We’ve got loads. Check out our local events calendar for fun family-friendly happenings, East Bay Cherry-picking Guide, AAPI Heritage Month Events, Summertime Street Fairs & Festivals or our Guide to every day in May with East Bay kids.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, vaccine requirements, and admission prices with the third party hosting the event.