Every weekend there are great things to do in the East Bay with kids! We’ve curated a list of the best events and activities for families this weekend to save you the research. Presenting your weekend planner.
We update this page every Wednesday, so be sure to come back and see what we have coming up for next weekend in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Hello, 510 families! I hope you are having a good week so far. No school on Monday but we got you covered with a list of places open on MLK Day and meaningful (and affordable) activities to celebrate MLK, Jr. Read on for your top 10 picks for the long weekend.
Things to do in the East Bay with kids this weekend
ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Join for a free educational walking tour of the famous San Francisco Sea Lions at PIER 39. Make sure to get photos with 6′ tall sea lion statues designed by 30 local artists by the pier. (discovery walks: Jan 17-20, noon-3 pm)
- Become a tourist in your city (well, in SF). For those with kids who love to walk, join the free city tour to re-discover what's across the bridge.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18, 2020
- Sing along with Viola in Italian (mention 510 Families and your first class if free!)
- Visit the library for fun beyond reading: STEM learning, play with big blue blocks, make a peace flag, arts & crafts.
- Learn about Dr. King's Legacy with word puzzles, singing, design postage stamp, and an animated film about the iconic King.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 19, 2020
- Diverse families are welcomed to drop-in for a play with Dawn at Kindergym.
- Dance freestyle with your kids at Soul Sanctuary Dance Event.
- Celebrate Tu B'Shevat with a magical journey of discovery, play, and exploration at Urban Adamah (RSVP required).
MONDAY, JANUARY 20, 2020
- Volunteer to help keep our city and shoreline clean on MLK Day of Service: MLK Jr. Shoreline, Point Pinole Regional Shoreline, Richmond Greenway (RSVP)
- Attend a special performance by San Leandro students (grades 3-12) in honor of MLK, Jr.'s message of peace, tolerance, and social justice.
See the rest of our family-friendly events calendar for more choices of where to go and what to do.
Disclaimer: We don't put on these events so 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, and admission with the third party hosting the event.