Every weekend there are great things to do in the East Bay with kids! We’ve curated a list of the best events and activities for families this weekend to save you the research. Presenting your weekend planner.
We update this page every Wednesday, so be sure to come back and see what we have coming up for next weekend in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Hello 510 families! Earthquake and black smoke, what is going on? You definitely need a great weekend to wrap up such an eventful week, so we picked the best of best for this weekend. Also Halloween events are popping up all over the East Bay. Make sure to check out our Halloween guide.
Things to do in the East Bay with kids this weekend
ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Get your costume on and enjoy spooky themed activities at BADM Goblin Jamboree.
- Celebrate Día de los Muertos at OMCA. Make sure to visit the new exhibit to learn about Chicano activists who introduced Día de los Muertos traditions to the US in the 1970s.
- Treat yourself to a beautiful evening out at the Lake Merritt illuminated with art installations at Autumn Lights Festival.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2019
- Kick off Halloween with a parade and carnival games at Piedmont Main Park.
- Bring your little monkeys to Monkeypalooza for a fun day full of activities just for kids.
- Mills College is hosting Fall Family Festival with giant and wee games for all ages.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2019
- Tickle your ears and spark your musical talent at Crowden's Free Community Music Day.
- Feed your scientific curiosity at Tinker Faire with hands-on science, technology, engineering, art, and math.
- Budding bibliophiles are welcome to the Bay Area Kids Book Fair for all day storytelling and meet-and-greet of favorite book characters. (First 200 families will get a free book bag).
- CJM's Family ArtBash features music, clay studio, Lego, paper crafts, and magic show. (Free admission for two adults when accompanied by a visitor 18 and under)
See the rest of our family-friendly events calendar for more choices of where to go and what to do.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, and admission with the third party hosting the event.