Every weekend there are great things to do in the East Bay with kids! We’ve curated a list of the best events and activities for families this weekend to save you the research. Presenting your weekend planner.
We update this page every Wednesday, so be sure to come back and see what we have coming up for next weekend in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Hello 510 families! This is my 4th winter in the Bay Area and sometimes I really miss stepping on fresh snow. How crazy would it be if it would snow in the Bay Area? Well, rain, at least, would be lovely any day now. But while the sun is out, here's the weekend picks, enjoy!
Things to do in the East Bay with kids this weekend
ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Get your winter gear on and glide on ice. Read our Bay Area ice skating guide.
- Where do unburnt art from the Burning Man go afterwards? You can see them at the OMCA or at Point San Pablo Harbor.
- Play with your toddler at Gymboree Oakland drop-in. (Our fabulous readers get 50% off your first class with code 510FAMILIES)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2019
- Dream and play along with your kids at Sara Lovell's whimsical music concert.
- Mamas, this is your chance to get shopping, baby free! Mama Play Date Pop Up Shop will look after your kids so you can take as long as you need to shop.
- Here is date night idea: sign your gradeschoolers up for Kids Night Out to watch Toy Story 4. (preregistration required)
- Saturday is great for family storytimes. Check out when and where here.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2019
- Anime and manga fans will get a chance to meet a local writer and an illustrator as they share their new books and stories.
- Learn about birds and make bird feeders out of recycled materials. (registration preferred)
- Last chance to get free sailboat rides this year at the Cal Sailing Club Open House.
See the rest of our family-friendly events calendar for more choices of where to go and what to do.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, and admission with the third party hosting the event.