Here’s a list of our favorite events and activities for families this weekend. Come back each week for top kid picks in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Things to do in the East Bay with Kids this Weekend
All Weekend Stuff
- Collect leaves and twigs on a hike through Reinhardt Redwood Regional Park.
- Get your face painted or enjoy the carnival rides at the 86th Annual Walnut Fest in Walnut Creek.
- Count the planes that take off at Buchanan Field and Playground in Concord.
- Plan a day trip to Filoli. It’s Hispanic Heritage Weekend and Orchard Days!
Saturday, September 24
- Celebrate community at a family-friendly festival in Oakland, or another in Moraga.
- Hunt for fairy houses in Point Richmond. Discuss your favorites over a snack at Kaleidoscope Coffee.
- Listen and dance to Country Blues music during an outdoor performance just for kids in Berkeley.
Sunday, September 25
- Welcome the Jewish new year at a Rosh Hashanah event; some require advance registration.
- See a childhood favorite song come to life on stage as Fairyland presents Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star.
- Ride the historic carousel at Golden Gate Park, adjacent to Koret Children’s Playground.
Need more ideas? We’ve got loads. Check out our local family-friendly events calendar, Family-Friendly High Holidays Guide, Outdoor Movie Guide, Summer Concert Guide, Apple Picking Guide, Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month Guide or our Guide to every day in September with East Bay kids.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, vaccine requirements, and admission prices with the third party hosting the event.