Things to do in the East Bay with Kids this Weekend
All Weekend Stuff
- Head to the Oakland Zoo. It’s set to reopen on February 3 after being closed for road repairs.
- Put on your rain boots and hike in these wet-weather destinations.
- Visit a farm, park, or indoor playspace in Fremont where there’s lots to keep kids entertained.
- Zoom down the snow while sledding or tubing.
Saturday, February 4
- Watch a Lunar New Year Lion Dance Parade in Oakland’s Laurel District.
- Meet the sheep of Tilden Little Farm, then make a craft inspired by them.
- Delight to the sights & sounds of drumming at Alameda’s Storytelling & Drumming Festival.
Sunday, February 5
- Celebrate Black History Month at Fairyland with a show by Rapper and Poet Jamey Williams.
- Wander through the redwood grove at UC Botanical Garden.
- Drop in or reserve a space at this exciting (and affordable) indoor waterpark in Newark.
Need more ideas? We’ve got loads. Check out our local family-friendly events calendar, Lunar New Year events for families, Best Tubing and Sledding near the Bay Area, Snow Play Destinations, Family Valentine’s Day Guide, Guide to Black History Month, or our Guide to every day in February with East Bay kids.
Come back each week for top kid picks in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and the cool towns nearby.
Disclaimer: 510families urges you to confirm any event details, like date, time, location, vaccine requirements, and admission prices with the third party hosting the event.