Welcome in the Year of the Tiger and explore the shared connections between the diverse Asian cultures of the Bay Area at OMCA.
This year’s family-friendly program will include both virtual and in-person offerings that celebrate and honor Lunar New Year traditions through storytelling, performances, activities, cooking demonstrations, and more. OMCA is also holding space for our AAPI communities to come together and uplift each other with both in-person and virtual healing circles, facilitated by Lotus Awakens.
Schedule of Events: (Subject to Change)
- 12–3 pm Off the Grid Food Trucks (10th St), Art Kit Table, Book Signing with Oliver Chin in the OMCA Store following the 12 pm Storytime
- 12 pm Storytime with Oliver Chin (James Moore Theater; capacity is limited and available on a first come, first served basis)
- 12:30 pm Toishan Benevolent Association Lion Dancers (Garden)
- 1 pm Musical performance by Vân-Ánh Võ (Garden)
- 1:30 pm Musical performance by Gamelan Sekar Jaya (Garden)
- 2 pm AAPI Healing Circle with Lotus Awakens(Garden; all are welcome)
Please purchase tickets in advance. Capacity is limited.
- For festival admission only: Adult $10; Youth (13-17) $7; Children under 12 Free
- For museum admission and festival admission: Adult $16; Youth (13-17) $7; Children under 12 Free
NOTE: This date/event is in the past. Keep browsing.Sat February 5, 2022
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Oakland Museum of California (OMCA) 1000 Oak Street Oakland
$7-$16 (depending on age and ticket type); Children under 12 free
View Website > >
Add to Your Calendar: iCal
- Annual Event
- art & music
- For Parent(s)
- grade schoolers
- Lunar New Year
COVID-19 Coronavirus note: Please be mindful of “social distancing” strategies and always wear a mask to events with other people.