Flock to the Berkeley Bird Festival for a family-friendly afternoon of free bird activities—chalk art, stories, poetry, crafts and more!
Activities will take place at the David Brower Center, at/near UC Berkeley’s Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, around town, and through special field trips. Some events required advance registration; see schedule for sign-up details.
Families may enjoy these drop-in events on campus and around town:
- Bird Chalk Art — 10 am – 4 pm @ Plaza near the Museum of Vertebrate Zoology and in front of Li Ka Shing Center: Create sidewalk chalk drawings of Bay Area birds. Chalk and some photos of local birds for (optional) reference will be provided. All are welcome; no experience needed!
- Winged Wonderment: Poetry, Puppetry and Art — 12 pm – 5 pm @ David Brower Center: Enjoy a celebration of winged friends through bird poetry, bird stories, bird art, bird sounds, and bird science with presentations from local writers, artists, naturalists and bird enthusiasts. This 15-minute session repeats throughout the day and seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- Museum Tour — 12 pm – 4 pm @ Museum of Vertebrate Zoology: Tour the Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, UC Berkeley’s renowned center for the research and study in biology of vertebrates; fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals.
- Birding Walking Tour — Start times at 8:30 am, 10:30 am, 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm @ Museum of Vertebrate Zoology: Join the Cal Birding Club on a 1.5 mile loop walk (mostly on paved paths) to search for local birds who call the campus home. Bring your own binoculars (some will be available to borrow, too).
Events that require registration include:
- Bird origami
- Gourd bird house making
- Bird drawing & painting sessions
NOTE: This date/event is in the past. Keep browsing.Sun October 15, 2023
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
David Brower Center 2150 Allston Way Berkeley
View Website > >
Contact: Berkeley Bird Festival
Add to Your Calendar: iCal