Children's Fairyland in Oakland is a wild and crazy place. It reminds me of the Brady Bunch or a throwback to the fifties. If you're a tiny person (toddler or preschooler), it must seem like a strange little paradise. Fairyland membership is not cheap, but it might be worth it for your family. Let's do the math.
In the past, I have found discount admissions Group deal sites, but finally, I broke down and we activated an annual membership.
Regular Fairyland admission prices:
$12 for humans between the age of 1-100. Under one or over 100 is FREE.
Parking may be extra depending on where you park.
Magic Keys for talking Storybook Boxes are $3 at the park gates. Bring it back each visit.
Admission fees for special celebrations may vary.
Perks of Membership to Fairyland:
- Admission for one year for each adult and up to 3 children (membership goes by the number of adults and requires photo ID)
- When a kid melts down, you can leave and not fret the entrance price!
- Half off admission to Jack O’Lantern Jamboree and Fairy Winterland
- Invitation to members-only appreciation night
- Special-edition Fairyland key for each child plus a bumper sticker
- 10% discount at cafes and gift shop
- 10% discount on park rentals
- Additional discounts on birthday parties and summer day camp (yes!)
- Opportunity to participate in members-only early registration period for summer camp, sleepovers, and birthday parties
What Fairyland Membership doesn't get you:
- BACT special performances are not free; they still cost $12.
- Sleepovers are not discounted (but camps and birthday parties are)
- Deals for other caregivers or friends after one single-use adult day pass.
- Reciprocal agreements with other Bay Area or national attractions.
The break-even point on Fairyland membership:
At $119 (gulp!) my family of five (two adults and three named children over age one) would have to go to Fairyland just over two times in one calendar year to make the membership pay for itself (based on full price of $12 per human over age one or $60 per visit).
Two or three visits per year is a decent amount. We won't feel like we have to go every weekend, and yet, we have the flexibility to go whenever. I do like Fairyland for toddlers and preschoolers but for my family of grade schoolers, I think I have to pass. Cha-ching.
Other Fairyland membership levels to consider:
- One adult: $99
- Three adults: $129 (Great for sharing with other families?)
- All membership levels include up to three named children.
- You can purchase a two-year pass for a significant discount!
Interested? register online
[Photos by Sally Mason and me; Rate information updated 6/28/19]