My husband and I took an anniversary trip to Healdsburg for wine-tasting with our two daughters, and Heather asked me to share some highlights. My biggest piece of advice is to plot out your routes and think ahead (snacks, treats, toys, lunch)! Here are a few places that made it fun for all of us:
- Preston winery has a large organic garden, tons of friendly cats and shady picnic benches. We took turns coloring with the girls and going inside for mini tastes.
- Moustache Baked Goods provided delicious cupcakes and something for us to draw.
- Bella Wine Caves are VERY family-friendly and have activities and coloring pages for the kids to do on the weekends.
- Campo Fina was our dinner restaurant. It was very tasty and offered the kids chalk boards to draw on. There is also a bocce ball court out back!
- We made sure to stop at a super fun park, Giorgi Park, on our way home to let the kids wind down.
See more pictures and read the rest of my story about Wine Tasting in Healdsburg with kids (including our stops in Alexander Valley and the killer brisket sandwich) on my blog, This Fine Day.
[Photo from Rebecca Matthews, all rights reserved]